MSVC 2010 and Root Builder

Hey,
i installed ROOT v5-27-06 on my windows 7 machine with Root Builder from gwatts. After some installation errors it works somehow.
My question is, how can i compile e.g. a tutorial-file with MSVC? With the root_build_project I start a file in MSVC and try to run this file. After a few seconds ROOT starts but no Canvas or something else?!
Is there sth else to do? How can i compile macros directly in MSVC with ROOT?

I hope, u understand my problem :smiley:

I try to speciry my problem…
I open a tutorial-file of ROOT in the root_build_project (which is located in $ROOTSYS). I press F5 and i got this:

[quote]1>------ Erstellen gestartet: Projekt: root_build_project, Konfiguration: Release Win32 ------
1>Der Buildvorgang wurde am 30.12.2010 08:30:18 gestartet.
1>Build:
1> Setting environment for using Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 x86 tools.[/quote]
and

[quote]“root.exe”: “C:\root\bin\root.exe” geladen, Die Binärdaten wurden nicht mit Debuginformationen erstellt.
“root.exe”: “C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll” geladen, Cannot find or open the PDB file
"root.exe": “C:\Windows\SysWOW64\kernel32.dll” geladen, Cannot find or open the PDB file
"root.exe": “C:\Windows\SysWOW64\KernelBase.dll” geladen, Cannot find or open the PDB file
"root.exe": “C:\root\bin\libCore.dll” geladen, Die Binärdaten wurden nicht mit Debuginformationen erstellt.
“root.exe”: “C:\root\bin\libCint.dll” geladen, Die Binärdaten wurden nicht mit Debuginformationen erstellt.
“root.exe”: “C:\Windows\SysWOW64\msvcr100.dll” geladen, Symbole wurden geladen.
“root.exe”: “C:\Windows\SysWOW64\msvcp100.dll” geladen, Symbole wurden geladen.
“root.exe”: “C:\Windows\SysWOW64\advapi32.dll” geladen, Cannot find or open the PDB file
"root.exe": “C:\Windows\SysWOW64\msvcrt.dll” geladen, Cannot find or open the PDB file
"root.exe": “C:\Windows\SysWOW64\sechost.dll” geladen, Cannot find or open the PDB file
"root.exe": “C:\Windows\SysWOW64\rpcrt4.dll” geladen, Cannot find or open the PDB file
"root.exe": “C:\Windows\SysWOW64\sspicli.dll” geladen, Cannot find or open the PDB file
"root.exe": “C:\Windows\SysWOW64\cryptbase.dll” geladen, Cannot find or open the PDB file
"root.exe": “C:\Windows\SysWOW64\user32.dll” geladen, Cannot find or open the PDB file
"root.exe": “C:\Windows\SysWOW64\gdi32.dll” geladen, Cannot find or open the PDB file
"root.exe": “C:\Windows\SysWOW64\lpk.dll” geladen, Cannot find or open the PDB file
"root.exe": “C:\Windows\SysWOW64\usp10.dll” geladen, Cannot find or open the PDB file
"root.exe": “C:\Windows\SysWOW64\shell32.dll” geladen, Cannot find or open the PDB file
"root.exe": “C:\Windows\SysWOW64\shlwapi.dll” geladen, Cannot find or open the PDB file
"root.exe": “C:\Windows\SysWOW64\wsock32.dll” geladen, Cannot find or open the PDB file
"root.exe": “C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ws2_32.dll” geladen, Cannot find or open the PDB file
"root.exe": “C:\Windows\SysWOW64\nsi.dll” geladen, Cannot find or open the PDB file
"root.exe": “C:\Windows\SysWOW64\oleaut32.dll” geladen, Cannot find or open the PDB file
"root.exe": “C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ole32.dll” geladen, Cannot find or open the PDB file
"root.exe": “C:\Windows\SysWOW64\IPHLPAPI.DLL” geladen, Cannot find or open the PDB file
"root.exe": “C:\Windows\SysWOW64\winnsi.dll” geladen, Cannot find or open the PDB file
"root.exe": “C:\root\bin\libMathCore.dll” geladen, Die Binärdaten wurden nicht mit Debuginformationen erstellt.
“root.exe”: “C:\root\bin\libRint.dll” geladen, Die Binärdaten wurden nicht mit Debuginformationen erstellt.
“root.exe”: “C:\Windows\SysWOW64\apphelp.dll” geladen, Cannot find or open the PDB file
"root.exe": “C:\Windows\SysWOW64\imm32.dll” geladen, Cannot find or open the PDB file
"root.exe": “C:\Windows\SysWOW64\msctf.dll” geladen, Cannot find or open the PDB file
"root.exe": “C:\Windows\SysWOW64\winmm.dll” geladen, Cannot find or open the PDB file
"root.exe": “C:\Windows\SysWOW64\winmm.dll” entladen.
“root.exe”: “C:\Windows\SysWOW64\dhcpcsvc.dll” geladen, Cannot find or open the PDB file
"root.exe": “C:\Windows\SysWOW64\apphelp.dll” entladen.
“root.exe”: “C:\Windows\SysWOW64\uxtheme.dll” geladen, Cannot find or open the PDB file
"root.exe": “C:\Windows\SysWOW64\urlmon.dll” geladen, Cannot find or open the PDB file
"root.exe": “C:\Windows\SysWOW64\crypt32.dll” geladen, Cannot find or open the PDB file
"root.exe": “C:\Windows\SysWOW64\msasn1.dll” geladen, Cannot find or open the PDB file
"root.exe": “C:\Windows\SysWOW64\iertutil.dll” geladen, Cannot find or open the PDB file
"root.exe": “C:\Windows\SysWOW64\asycfilt.dll” geladen, Cannot find or open the PDB file
"root.exe": “C:\Windows\SysWOW64\dwmapi.dll” geladen, Cannot find or open the PDB file
"root.exe": “C:\Windows\SysWOW64\cryptsp.dll” geladen, Cannot find or open the PDB file
"root.exe": “C:\Windows\SysWOW64\rsaenh.dll” geladen, Cannot find or open the PDB file
Der Thread ‘Win32-Thread’ (0x924) hat mit Code 0 (0x0) geendet.
Der Thread ‘Win32-Thread’ (0xab0) hat mit Code -1 (0xffffffff) geendet.
Der Thread ‘Win32-Thread’ (0x1048) hat mit Code -1 (0xffffffff) geendet.
Der Thread ‘Win32-Thread’ (0xe94) hat mit Code -1 (0xffffffff) geendet.
Der Thread ‘Win32-Thread’ (0xd80) hat mit Code -1 (0xffffffff) geendet.
“root.exe”: “C:\Windows\SysWOW64\winmm.dll” geladen, Cannot find or open the PDB file
Das Programm “[3164] root.exe: Systemeigen” wurde mit Code -1 (0xffffffff) beendet.[/quote]

Where is the problem. The .dll-Files are existing.

Thanks for help.

Hi,

can you run with Ctrl-F5 and see what’s printed in the terminal?

There should be no build errors when building ROOT…

Cheers, Axel.