More issues with conda/root 6.24 (after I installed geant4)

_ROOT Version: root_base-6.24.0-py38h9fb3dc4_0.json - can’t run root so that’s the meta tag
_Platform: OSX 11.3 (Big Sur)
Compiler: XCode 12.5

I had a running root install but then did conda install geant4 to help out a student debugging.
Now when I do, in a clean terminal

source $HOME/miniconda/etc/profile.d/conda.sh
conda activate root_env #

I get:

root
Module ROOT_Foundation_C not found.
Module ROOT_Config not found.
Module ROOT_Rtypes not found.
Module ROOT_Foundation_Stage1_NoRTTI not found.
Module Core not found.
Module Rint not found.
Module RIO not found.
Module MathCore not found.
Module Hist not found.
Assertion failed: (clingInterp.getMacro(“gROOT”) && “Couldn’t load gROOT macro?”), function RegisterCxxModules, file /Users/runner/miniforge3/conda-bld/root_base_1618934270445/work/root-source/core/metacling/src/TCling.cxx, line 1313.

Mr. Google doesn’t seem to know about this particular issue. Any ideas? I can revert to non-conda root to get my work done but I am sad that helping a student busted my setup.

Thanks, Heidi

BTW, this is part of my efforts to get my collaboration away from ROOT 5…

1 Like

Hi Heidi,
is the non-conda ROOT installation still in the environment when you conda activate root_env? It’s best to only have one ROOT installation set up at a time.

Cheers,
Enrico

No, that was my original suspicion and I then went to the clean setup to avoid any of my own code.

I use a standalone setup, not .profile/.bashrc exactly to avoid that kind of issue.

badenv.txt (7.7 KB)

This is env > badenv.txt just in case… I don’t see root outside of root_env.

Uhm I don’t see anything obvious either. Maybe @chrisburr has an idea?

One thing, when I installed geant4 it backdated the root version according to the logs. I’m now testing to see if reupdating root will repair this.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.