Missing root components

ROOT Version: 6.12.06
Platform: Ubuntu 18.04
Compiler: gcc 7.3.0

I have compiled and installed root6 and I am trying to compile some software that depends on root: daqman. Using ccmake I am getting CMD-NOTFOUND for the following:
ROOT_genmap_CMD
ROOT_rootdraw_CMD

As far as I can tell these should have been installed in /usr/local/bin/ with the other root commands.
I was wondering if anyone knew how I could get these installed with root or maybe if they are no longer in the root6 install.
Thanks.

You probably did not have the dependencies enabled or did not enable enough optional components in order to build those executables. Could you post here the output of root-config --features?

Thanks amaido,
Here is the output:
asimage astiff builtin_afterimage builtin_ftgl builtin_glew builtin_llvm builtin_lz4 builtin_unuran builtin_xrootd cling cxx11 davix exceptions explicitlink fftw3 fitsio gdml genvector gnuinstall http imt mathmore mysql opengl pch pgsql python roofit shared sqlite ssl thread tmva x11 xft xml xrootd

After a little more digging it looks like genmap was part of the CINT C++ interpreter but root has moved to using Cling. I’m wondering if I need to find an older version of root to install.

@shamblin: @Axel will know better, but the equivalent tool in ROOT 6 is probably rootcling. If migration is not a big issue, I recommend you do it, as ROOT 6 has many more features. Cheers,

1 Like

genmap has been dropped, instead the rootmap file is now generated by rootcint (aka rootcling).

I don’t know what rootdraw is, this is not ROOT.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.