Missing libpcre.so.0 running CERN AFS ROOT 5.22/0 on SLC4.7

Hi,

I have just upgraded the SLC from 4.4 to 4.7 on my desktop at CERN and I am having problems trying to run ROOT from an official AFS location in a manner I used to do it on SLC4.4.

First, I setup the environment variables to point to the newest production release of ROOT like this

export ROOTSYS=/afs/cern.ch/sw/lcg/app/releases/ROOT/5.22.00/slc4_ia32_gcc34/root export PATH=$PATH:$ROOTSYS/bin export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:$ROOTSYS/lib

Then, I try to run ROOT:

pccit25: ~ [1024]$ root -l -b /afs/cern.ch/sw/lcg/app/releases/ROOT/5.22.00/slc4_ia32_gcc34/root/bin/root.exe: error while loading shared libraries: libpcre.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I tried to google the problem but only found a solution in case I wanted to build ROOT from sources myself http://root.cern.ch/root/roottalk/roottalk09/0275.html which does not really help in my case.

I also noticed that the `libpcre.so.0’ is related to the PCRE package. Here is the version of it I found on my machine:

pccit25: ~ [1020]$ rpm -qf '/usr/lib64/libpcre.so' pcre-devel-4.5-4.6
I asked the CERN linux support about it but they responded they would not support ROOT.

Many thanks for any help in advance!