Missing GQt and QtRoot libraries on Mac OS X 10.6.4 Install

Hello,

I am working on interfacing ROOT and Qt. I had success on Ubuntu 10.04 (with root 5.26.00c, Qt 4.6), and now I am trying to work on Mac OS X 10.6.4 (again with root 5.26.00c, Qt 4.6). I configured root on my Mac with: ./configure macosx64 --enable-qt. In the root/lib directory on my Mac, I do not have the files libGQt.so and libQtRoot.so. On Ubuntu, these files are present in the root/lib directory.

Are GQt and QtRoot supposed to come with the macosx64 installation?

Thanks for your help. Let me know if you need more information on the problem.

Regards,
Austin

looking at my installation, they ought to be there. The only success I’ve had in installing QtROOT was by using the script located at root.bnl.gov/QtRoot/How2Install4Unix.html

It’s a very VERY long install, and will install qt, qtroot, root, and coin3d (if you ask for it). It ought to work. The only caveat is that I modified the script to add the -cocoa flag to the qt installation, and it caused a conflict (which doesn’t show up until the install is finished 8 hours later, of course. X| ) So no cocoa based qt. Other than that, it SEEMED to be working…

Paul

I am beginning to think that this may be a 64-bit issue. I just installed root onto a 64-bit linux machine (Ubuntu 9.04) and the GQt and QtRoot libraries were missing from root/lib. Is there some sort of compatibility issue with running GQt and QtRoot on 64-bit machines?

I could use the BNL package, but I would prefer to have the flexibility of working with my own root and Qt installations.

Austin

Hi,

can you check the output of your configure invocation? I assume it claims that it cannot find Qt. You can post config.log to help us understand why. Did you have QTDIR set when running configure?

Cheers, Axel.

[quote=“arbenson”]I am beginning to think that this may be a 64-bit issue. I just installed root onto a 64-bit linux machine (Ubuntu 9.04) and the GQt and QtRoot libraries were missing from root/lib. Is there some sort of compatibility issue with running GQt and QtRoot on 64-bit machines?

I could use the BNL package, but I would prefer to have the flexibility of working with my own root and Qt installations.

Austin[/quote]

I’m seeing some funny stuff with those two libraries too, and I’m on an older 32bit MBP, so I’m betting it’s a 10.6.4 issue, rather than a 64bit issue.

Paul

[quote=“arbenson”]I am beginning to think that this may be a 64-bit issue. I just installed root onto a 64-bit linux machine (Ubuntu 9.04) and the GQt and QtRoot libraries were missing from root/lib. Is there some sort of compatibility issue with running GQt and QtRoot on 64-bit machines?[/quote]It should be ok, providing your Qt is 64-bits as well.[quote=“arbenson”]I could use the BNL package, but I would prefer to have the flexibility of working with my own root and Qt installations.Austin[/quote]Umm, I am confused. Can you elaborate a little bit more? It seems to me the scenario twiki.cern.ch/twiki/bin/view/At … i#Mac_OS_X )