Migrating from ROOT 5 to ROOT 6 in Windows 10

Command line? What exactly do you mean?
I will try later in the day to compile root 5 with FFTW and vs2013.

Open a Visual Studio command prompt, and compile your code with something like:

cl -nologo /MD /GR /EHsc /I%ROOTSYS%\include /FIw32pragma.h your_source.cxx /link /dll /LIBPATH:%ROOTSYS%\lib libCore.lib libRIO.lib /out:your_dll.dll

I know you prbably have asressed this before, but I am trying to build root 5 with CMAKE 3.7.2 and VS2013 12.0.4 upgrade 5 and i get an error at the cmake configuration:

CMake Error: The following variables are used in this project, but they are set to NOTFOUND.
Please set them or make sure they are set and tested correctly in the CMake files:
ZLIB_LIBRARY

My cmake command is :

cmake -Dall=ON -Droofit=ON -Dmathmore=OFF -Dbuiltin_zlib=ON -Dfftw3=ON -DFFTW_INCLUDE_DIR=C:/root/fftw-3.3.5-dll32 -DFFTW_LIBRARY=C:/root/fftw-3.3.5-dll32/libfftw3-3.lib C:\root\Source

so ZLIB_Library should be built by default right? Why is it still searching for it?

Thanks

I don’t know, it works for me… which version of ROOT are you trying to build?

Release 5.34/36 - 2016-04-05, I downloaded and installed zlib directly from source (WinGNU) force now and edited the cmake properties trough the GUI.
It started compiling…
I actually had the same problem on all versions 5 I tried, one of the reasons I wanted version 6.

You should not do that…

Well, it compiled without any warnings or errors but when I try to compile my code with Aclic i get:

Error: class,struct,union or type __w64 not defined C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 12.0\VC\INCLUDE\sys/types.h(40)
Error: class,struct,union or type __int64 not defined C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 12.0\VC\INCLUDE\sys/types.h(45)

And the FFTW seems to be included, it recognizes the TVirtualFFT identifier.
Forgot to mention that I had manually included sys/types.h (I was doing some conversion and memory operations but that part of the code changed). I might be able to remove it and get around the error though…

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.