Memory leak - Performance tools without explicit compilation

Hello ROOT experts,

I have a script which runs my file, but the macro seems to crash, probably due to a memory leak.
I’ve tried fixing this within the macro but I can’t isolate the cause of the leak.

It’s possible to use a set of performance tools (I was recommended gperftools), but this requires me to compile my own code with custom libraries and additional options instead of using the simple script, and I’m running into problems there. The script simple just loads the libraries with gSystem->Load().

Is there anyway I can use performance tools within the macro in the script i.e. in ROOT (below), without compiling individually?

#!/bin/bash source ~/.bashrc echo "Initialising job..." cd "/home/name/SSHScriptTest" export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:$PWD root -b -l <<EOF gSystem->Load("/home/name/SSHScriptTest/lib1.so") gSystem->Load("/home/name/SSHScriptTest/lib2.so") gSystem->Load("/home/name/SSHScriptTest/lib3.so") .X /home/name/SSHScriptTest/CompatibleTestTriggerWorking2.C+ EOF echo "Script done!"

Thanks,

Luke

Try with:

valgrind --suppressions=$ROOTSYS/etc/valgrind-root.supp --leak-check=full --log-file=output.log root.exe -n -l -b //Do what you need in the ROOT console, run your script, and exit with .q