Manually position widgets in a gui

ROOT Version: 6.18/04
Platform: Ubuntu 18.04
Compiler: gcc 7.5.0 (Ubuntu 7.5.0-3)

I’m building a GUI and it turned out that I need add an extra TGCheckButton. I already have another check button so I wanted to place the new one on top of that, i.e. in the red square on the following image.

I used several option such as kLHintsRight | kLHintsBottom or kLHintsRight | kLHintsTop but it’s not possible to have the 2 check button one on top of the other. Any idea on how to do that?

The following snippet of code is how I build this part of the GUI.
Thanks in advance for your help!

//___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________DRAW_SIGNAL
    // A grouped frame with drawing controls
    fr_draw = new TGGroupFrame(fr_left, "Draw", kChildFrame | kHorizontalFrame);

// A button to draw the signal - uses Draw(“line point”) TGOption
        but_draw_line_points = new TGPictureButton(fr_draw, gClient->GetPicture("../icons/Draw.ico"), 11);
        // A button to draw the next event
        but_draw_next_event = new TGPictureButton(fr_draw, gClient->GetPicture("../icons/Next_event.ico"), 11);

// A button to draw the previous event
        but_draw_previous_event = new TGPictureButton(fr_draw, gClient->GetPicture("../icons/Previous_event.ico"), 11);

// A check-button to select previous/next event for a given detector
	    but_draw_same_detector = new TGCheckButton(fr_draw, "Same detector",0);

// A check-button to draw dual-trace
	    but_draw_dual_trace = new TGCheckButton(fr_draw, "Dual trace", 0);

// Add everything to the grouped frame
        fr_draw->AddFrame(but_draw_line_points   , new TGLayoutHints(kLHintsLeft | kLHintsBottom | kFitHeight, 2, 2, 10, 0) );
        fr_draw->AddFrame(but_draw_previous_event, new TGLayoutHints(kLHintsCenterX | kLHintsBottom | kFitHeight, 2, 2, 10, 0) );
        fr_draw->AddFrame(but_draw_next_event    , new TGLayoutHints(kLHintsCenterX | kLHintsBottom | kFitHeight, 2, 2, 10, 0) );
        fr_draw->AddFrame(but_draw_dual_trace    , new TGLayoutHints(kLHintsRight | kLHintsBottom | kFitHeight, 2, 2, 10, 0) );
        fr_draw->AddFrame(but_draw_same_detector , new TGLayoutHints(kLHintsRight | kLHintsTop | kFitHeight, 2, 2, 10, 0) );

// Add the grouped frame to the vertical one
    fr_left->AddFrame(fr_draw, new TGLayoutHints(kLHintsExpandX, 2, 2, 2, 2));

If you add all your widgets in a single horizontal frame, they will be horizontally aligned… You need to add a vertical frame as container for your two TGCheckButton, so they will be on top of each other

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.