Malloc issues when opening TBrowser

Hi folks,

I’m pretty new to Root, and at the moment I would be thrilled if I could just get it to be functional. I’ve finally managed to get it to build, but alas, Root crashes every time I try to open a TBrowser. Here’s the output:

root [0] new TBrowser root.exe(74118) malloc: *** error for object 0x7fff73c5d570: pointer being freed was not allocated *** set a breakpoint in malloc_error_break to debug

My best guess was that various libraries that root depends on may be incompatible with each other, so I tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it using MacPorts in hopes that that would catch the problem for me, but it didn’t actually help, and now I’m sort-of at a loss.

Anyway, I’m trying to run Root v5.34.06 on Mac OS X 10.8.3.