MakeSelector libgfortran.3.dylib problem (again)

Hi
sorry for posting this again, I posted the same question a couple of weeks ago and at the time it seemed that the problem went away but now I have it again.
I am using ROOT on my Mac binary distribution root_v6.16.00.macosx64-10.14-clang100.dmg
When I try to use MakeSelector I get an error (see below for the full error) related libgfortran.3.dylib,
I downloaded the gfortran library from git hub by fxcoudert/gfortran-for-macOS/releases but it seems that the Mojave version is too new including libgfortran.5.dylib.

Can you please tell me what should I exactly install (gfrotran from where? MacPorts? Which version?) in order to use the ROOT binary provided ? Is gfortran really needed for MakeSelector?

thank you
Angela

_ROOT Version:root_v6.16.00.macosx64-10.14-clang100.dmg
_Platform:Mac Mojave
_Compiler:Apple LLVM version 10.0.1 (clang-1001.0.46.4)

cling::DynamicLibraryManager::loadLibrary(): dlopen(/Applications/root_v6.16.00.old/lib/libHbook.6.16.00.so, 9): Library not loaded: /usr/local/gfortran/lib/libgfortran.3.dylib
Referenced from: /Applications/root/lib/libHbook.6.16.00.so
Reason: image not found
Error in TInterpreter::TCling::AutoLoad: failure loading library libHbook.so for THbookTree
cling::DynamicLibraryManager::loadLibrary(): dlopen(/Applications/root_v6.16.00.old/lib/libHbook.6.16.00.so, 9): Library not loaded: /usr/local/gfortran/lib/libgfortran.3.dylib
Referenced from: /Applications/root/lib/libHbook.6.16.00.so
Reason: image not found
Error in TInterpreter::TCling::AutoLoad: failure loading library libHbook.so for THbookTree

I will check tomorrow, thanks to the updated info you provide here I now understand better. If you don’t hear from me tomorrow please don’t hesitate to point me day on Friday!

I see that we have a “random gfortran” installed on some of the build nodes. We cannot release libHbook like that - I have disabled it for future Mac binaries.

Do you actually use THbookTree in your code?

No directly…all I did was simply using MakeSelector

Angela Biselli, PhD
Professor of Physics
Chair of the Physics Department
Fairfield University
1073 North Benson Rd
Fairfield CT 06824
203-254-4000 ext 2192

Thanks, Angela.

Please try the following to work around this:

cd $ROOTSYS/lib
mkdir axel_believes_these_are_not_needed/
mv libHbook* axel_believes_these_are_not_needed/

Now your code should run fine.

Cheers, Axel.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.