MakeProxy/MakeSelector can't parse a pretty simple TTree

Hi,
Attached I have a root file. Try running MakeProxy on the CollectionTree TTree. It basically contains a TTree with two leaves, each leaf is an unsplit class (the new style in ATLAS). Unfortunately, when I run MakeProxy in it, it can’t sort out the details and gives me a .h file that isn’t useful. MakeSelector gives the same problem. The classes are custom classes, but they are simple structs.

TBrowser can look inside these classes and plot them just fine, however. So it seems like the streamer information is there and just fine. If these classes are split (as they used to be) then ROOT works just fine. And it looks like MakeClass can’t deal with these files either.

Am I stuck, or is this something funny going on in ROOT? I did my testing in 5.34.04. Attached is a 200KB file with a few events in CollectionTree, which is the important one.

Cheers,
Gordon.
full-mcfile.root (223 KB)

Hi Gordon,

MakeProxy was updated to work properly in your file in the trunk and v5.34 patch branch.

Cheers,
Philippe.

MakeSelector can not handle this type of file as it explicitly does not handle non-split branches.

Does it work in 5.34.01? Or do I need to wait for 5.34.02 before it will work? I am pretty sure I tested in 5.34.01, but I can retest just in case.

Cheers,
Gordon.

Well, I fixed it only 2 hours ago, so yes you either need to use svn or wait for the next set of releases

Cheers,
Philippe

[quote=“pcanal”]Well, I fixed it only 2 hours ago, so yes you either need to use svn or wait for the next set of releases

Cheers,
Philippe[/quote]
Ha! Perfect, thanks!