Make: *** [all] Error 2

Try:

sudo apt-get install libgl1-mesa-dev

libgl1-mesa-dev is already the newest version (17.2.8-0ubuntu0~16.04.1).

What do you get from:

ls -al /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libGL.so
ls -alL /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libGL.so

ls -al /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libGL.so

lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 13 gen 29 21:07 /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libGL.so → mesa/libGL.so

ls -alL /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libGL.so

ls: cannot access ‘/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libGL.so’: No such file or directory

So, try to “reinstall” it:

sudo apt-get purge libgl1-mesa-dev
sudo apt-get install libgl1-mesa-glx libgl1-mesa-dev

The output of previous ls commands remains the same.

ls -al /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/mesa/libGL.so*

should return:

lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root     14 Jan 29 21:07 /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/mesa/libGL.so -> libGL.so.1.2.0                                                                                                                                         
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root     14 Jan 29 21:07 /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/mesa/libGL.so.1 -> libGL.so.1.2.0                                                                                                                                       
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 467520 Jan 29 21:08 /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/mesa/libGL.so.1.2.0                                                                                                                                                     

If you do not get the same output, try:

sudo apt-get --reinstall install libgl1-mesa-glx libgl1-mesa-dev

Now it does, thank you. I’ll try building again now.

New error log:
build_error.txt (637.2 KB)

sudo apt-get install libglu1-mesa libglu1-mesa-dev

build_error.txt (712.8 KB)

/usr/bin/ld: warning: libpng16.so.16, needed by //home/scanner-ml/anaconda3/lib/libfreetype.so.6, not found (try using -rpath or -rpath-link)

Now (after installing libpng16-dev) it fails at the first Cmake command.

CMake Error at cmake/modules/SearchInstalledSoftware.cmake:328 (message):
libXft and Xft headers must be installed.

And I can’t fix this:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
libxft-dev : Depends: libfontconfig1-dev but it is not going to be installed
Depends: libfreetype6-dev but it is not going to be installed

And than:

libfreetype6-dev : Depends: libpng-dev

Completely remove “anaconda” and start building ROOT from scratch again.

But if I install Anaconda after building ROOT, will PyROOT work properly?

I don’t think so. PyROOT will be linked against the standard system provided python.
I don’t have any experience with anaconda, I do not use it, so I cannot help.
In two months from now, you can move to Ubuntu 18.04 LTS with all the newest features.

Strange, 2 weeks ago I built ROOT on another Ubuntu machine with Anaconda with no such difficulties…

Please note also that the ROOT Team provides ready to use binary distributions, and the “Ubuntu 16 gcc5.4” is one of the supported systems.

I reinstalled Anaconda without only basic packages, built ROOT and than installed additional packages by Anaconda.
Now everything seems to work, thanks for your help!

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.