macOS ERROR in cling::CIFactory::createCI(): cannot extract standard library include paths! [ROOT 6.24/06]

macOS High Sierra 10.13.6
I install root6
xcode-select version 2349.
the error is :
ERROR in cling::CIFactory::createCI(): cannot extract standard library include paths!

I cleaned my system and re-installed everything, but this error is just after me.

Please , HELP ME !

root ERROR in cling::CIFactory::createCI(): cannot extract standard library include paths! Invoking: LC_ALL=C clang++-mp-9.0 -xc++ -E -v /dev/null 2>&1 | sed -n -e '/^.include/,{’ -e ‘/^ /.*++/p’ -e ‘}’
Results was:
With exit code 0
input_line_1:1:10: fatal error: ‘new’ file not found
#include
^~~~~
Replaced symbol atexit cannot be found in JIT!
Replaced symbol at_quick_exit cannot be found in JIT!
input_line_3:37:10: fatal error: ‘string’ file not found
#include
^~~~~~~~

| Welcome to ROOT 6.24/06
| (c) 1995-2021, The ROOT Team; conception: R. Brun, F. Rademakers |
| Built for macosx64 on Dec 06 2021, 12:44:00 |
| From tag , 1 September 2021 |
| With clang version 9.0.1 |

Try ‘.help’, ‘.demo’, ‘.license’, ‘.credits’, ‘.quit’/’.q’

input_line_7:1:10: fatal error: ‘iostream’ file not found
#include
^~~~~~~~~~
root [0] .q

You’re using some build of ROOT (don’t know where you got that from) which has been built with clang++-mp-0.9 - and I suppose that compiler doesn’t exist on your computer. Can you tell us where you got ROOT from?

Hi, I download
root6-6.24.06_2+cocoa+davix+gcc11+graphviz+gsl+opengl+python310+roofit+tmva+xml+xrootd.darwin_17.x86_64.tbz2

from Installing ROOT - ROOT

Thanks

Sorry - where do we offer “root6-6.24.06_2+cocoa+davix+gcc11+graphviz+gsl+opengl+python310+roofit+tmva+xml+xrootd.darwin_17.x86_64.tbz2”?

The file you mention seems to be available through macPorts. Is that what you installed? You shouldn’t download the ROOT build then but use the macPorts way of installing it: $ sudo port install root6

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.