-lProof

I spent a morning to understand why I can’t compile (and link) a code that starts a proof session. The problem is that the utility root-config -libs doesn’t return -lProof, is there a reason?

Hi Wiso,

The --libs gives the ‘regular ROOT libraries’, i.e. more or less the core needed for a standard ROOT analysis. The other application-specific libraries should be added by hand using the location path return by root-config.
In principle PROOF is an addition needed only when you use it. I will see with Fons what we can be done. Perhaps we can have a --plibs, like we have --glibs to include the libs needed to use the GUI modules.

Gerri

[quote=“ganis”]Hi Wiso,

The --libs gives the ‘regular ROOT libraries’, i.e. more or less the core needed for a standard ROOT analysis. The other application-specific libraries should be added by hand using the location path return by root-config.
In principle PROOF is an addition needed only when you use it. I will see with Fons what we can be done. Perhaps we can have a --plibs, like we have --glibs to include the libs needed to use the GUI modules.

Gerri[/quote]

yes, good solution