Loading an existing magnetic field map into Garfield++

Hello,

I am trying to simulate the ionized electrons drift in the gas where the electric and magnetic fields are enabled, but I have no idea how to load an existing magnetic field map in the Garfield++.

For the electric field, I am using Elmer and Gmsh to produce the grid and calculate the electric field. Then, it will be loaded via ComponentElmer into Sensor, as one of the examples shown on the website.

However, my magnetic field map came from others, which provided the information as:
r, z, Bx, By, Bz
(The geometry is tube) I don’t think I can get other formats for the magnetic field at this moment. I wondered if ComponentGrid::LoadMagneticField can achieve that, but it seems only available with the regular grid.
Would it be possible to load this magnetic field map in Garfield++?

I would really appreciate it if anyone could give me some advice on how to do it properly.

I think @hschindl will help you with this

Hi,
apologies for my very late reply.
At the moment, ComponentGrid only supports Cartesian coordinates, but it should be straightforward to adapt it to cylindrical coordinates. I’ll try to look into that in the coming days.

Can you send/attach for magnetic field map file such that I can use it for validation/testing purposes?

@hschindl Thank you so much for your help! I have sent the field map to your email. I appreciate any assistance I could get from you.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.