Load rootmap files manually

In my project I produce some dictionary files and rootmap files. I’d like to load the rootmap files in a Root interactive session, but without adding the folders containing the files to LD_LIBRARY_PATH, since my rootmap files are various and scattered in different folders. Is there a way to load a rootmap manually, or another environment variable to set in order to not pollute LD_LIBRARY_PATH?
Thanks.

Hi,

where are the libraries located? Are they in the LD_LIBRARY_PATH?

Cheers,
Danilo

No, also the libraries are scattered in different folders, actually the same folders where the rootmaps are. But I don’t link these libraries to any executable, I load them as plugins (both in Root shell and in my executable) so they don’t strictly need to be in a folder listed in LD_LIBRARY_PATH. Actually I prefer to keep plugin libraries apart from regular libraries, in folders not included in LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

Hi Nicola,

Technically the answer to your question is:

gInterpreter->LoadLibraryMap(filename);

However if the libraries are not on the LD_LIBRARY_PATH, their might be that useful. One of the main use of the rootmap file is to automatic load the library, which will fails they can be found on the LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

You might be able to / want to add the directory to the LD_LIBRARY_PATH at run-time … so you might get more mileage how of:

gSystem->AddDynamicPath( somedir );
gSystem->AddDynamicPath( someotherdir );
gInterpreter->RescanLibraryMap();

Cheers,
Philippe.

OK, Philippe, I understand. Thanks for your help!

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.