Linking header files

Hi Experts,

I have a header file UnfoldingNTclass.h, I have it’s corresponding Unfolding.cxx file and I run it using runUnfoldNT.C, althought I see the shared library object being formed Unfolding_cxx.so, I get the error :

Processing runUnfoldNT.C...
Error in <TMacOSXSystem::FindDynamicLibrary>: /Users/rutikpoozhikkunnath/Desktop/Codes_N_Data/Code_Master/RCF files/3GeV/UrQMD/ClosureTest/Omar_pkg_ver/Unfolding_cxx.so does not exist in .:/usr/local/Cellar/root/6.26.02_1/lib/root:/usr/local/lib:/usr/X11R6/lib:/usr/lib:/lib:/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu:/usr/local/lib64:/usr/lib64:/lib64:
Info in <TMacOSXSystem::ACLiC>: creating shared library /Users/rutikpoozhikkunnath/Desktop/Codes_N_Data/Code_Master/RCF files/3GeV/UrQMD/ClosureTest/Omar_pkg_ver/./Unfolding_cxx.so
dyld: lazy symbol binding failed: Symbol not found: __ZN13UnfoldNTclassC1Ev
  Referenced from: /Users/rutikpoozhikkunnath/Desktop/Codes_N_Data/Code_Master/RCF files/3GeV/UrQMD/ClosureTest/Omar_pkg_ver/Unfolding_cxx.so
  Expected in: flat namespace

dyld: Symbol not found: __ZN13UnfoldNTclassC1Ev
  Referenced from: /Users/rutikpoozhikkunnath/Desktop/Codes_N_Data/Code_Master/RCF files/3GeV/UrQMD/ClosureTest/Omar_pkg_ver/Unfolding_cxx.so
  Expected in: flat namespace

Please tell me how to fix it. I am attaching the files here.

Cheers
Rutik
UnfoldNTclass.h (10.3 KB)
Unfolding.cxx (2.5 KB)
Unfolding_Matrices_01.root (7.7 KB)
runUnfoldNT.C (552 Bytes)
Measured_Matrix.root (4.0 KB)

Hi @Rutik ,

sorry for the high latency, I will take a look as soon as possible.

Cheers,
Enrico

1 Like

Hi @Rutik ,

you can see with c++filt _ZN13UnfoldNTclassC1Ev that the demangled name of the missing symbol is UnfoldNTclass::UnfoldNTclass(). Checking the code, it looks like that constructor is actually never implemented, so it’s really missing! In other words, the error is expected.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.