Library not found: libpcre on running

I just downloaded the 5.17 binary for my new Intel Mac, have set up the environment variables but whenever I try running root it gives me the error:

dyld: Library not loaded: /afs/.cern.ch/sw/lcg/external/pcre/4.4/osx104_ia32_gcc401/lib/libpcre.0.dylib Referenced from: /usr/local/root/lib/libCore.dylib Reason: image not found
and hangs. There seems to have been a similar problem in the summer, which seemed to be caused by somebody compiling a non-standard option into the published binaries. Is this something that can be easily fixed? I tried compiling from source but it looks like I don’t have a few other dependencies (including failing to find g77, a problem I seem to remember was a pain to fix last time) and it would be a lot easier if there was a quick fix for this.

Thanks!

This version of ROOT was build to be used only when AFS is running, as pcre references an AFS based external version. Either copy the binary directly from the ROOT download site root.cern.ch/root/Version517.html or build yourself (the g77 missing you can ignore).

Cheers, Fons.