Libraries missing

Hi all,

I am running root v6.06/02 on Mac OS X 10.11.5.

When I want to create a chain of files, I get the warning:
RBB_HER_12thCamp.roottree:ECLData entries=
RBB_LER_12thCamp.roottree:ECLData entries=

When I run the same macro with the same files on a desktop with Debian, root v5.34/18, the number of entries is calculated and I don’t have the subsequent problem.
When I want to use the MakeClass function with that chain of files, I get the error:

cling::DynamicLibraryManager::loadLibrary(): dlopen(/usr/local/root/lib/libHbook.so, 9): Library not loaded: /usr/local/gfortran/lib/libgfortran.3.dylib
Referenced from: /usr/local/root/lib/libHbook.so
Reason: image not found
Error in TInterpreter::TCling::AutoLoad: failure loading library libHbook.so for THbookTree
cling::DynamicLibraryManager::loadLibrary(): dlopen(/usr/local/root/lib/libHbook.so, 9): Library not loaded: /usr/local/gfortran/lib/libgfortran.3.dylib
Referenced from: /usr/local/root/lib/libHbook.so
Reason: image not found
Error in TInterpreter::TCling::AutoLoad: failure loading library libHbook.so for THbookTree

I still get the .h and .C files, but the branches which contain arrays are not included.

How do I solve this problem?

Thanks,
Andrea

Hi Andrea,

libHbook links against libgfortran. The messages you are seeing are caused by the fact that libgfortran cannot be found on your system. I assume you are installing ROOT from a binary distribution.
Do you have XCode and the xcode command line tools installed?

Cheers,
Danilo

Hi Danilo,

Yes, I installed it from the binaries. I have Xcode and the xcode command line tools installed. I have now installed gfortran and I no longer see the error.
But I still get the warning that the number of entries in the trees I’m chaining is not calculated. Do you happen to know what could cause that? Even though I don’t get the error when I run MakeClass anymore, the class created still doesn’t match my tree. The branches that contain arrays are still not being initialized.

I just checked and I have the same problem on my other computer, with Debian, root v5.34/18. Even though it calculates the number of entries, the MakeClass doesn’t initialize the branches with arrays.

I realize this is a separate problem, so I can also make a separate post on this.

Thanks for your help!

Andrea

Hi Andrea,

please do so: would it be possible to post a reproducer (code+rootfile)?

D