Libf77blas missing on Ubuntu - what should I install?

Hi all,
When I load a TMVA object I get a missing shared library on my system, as shown below. I’ve followed the instructions on the configuring of my system in the “how to build” - I’ve put in both the required and optional packages. However, it seems like I’m missing something still.

gwatts@EightUp:/mnt/c/Users/Gordon/Documents/Code/calratio2017/JetCutStudies/JetMVAClassifierTraining/bin/x86/Debug$ root -b
   ------------------------------------------------------------
  | Welcome to ROOT 6.10/02                http://root.cern.ch |
  |                               (c) 1995-2017, The ROOT Team |
  | Built for linuxx8664gcc                                    |
  | From tag v6-10-02, 6 July 2017                             |
  | Try '.help', '.demo', '.license', '.credits', '.quit'/'.q' |
   ------------------------------------------------------------

root [0] TMVA::DataLoader *dl;
root [1] dl = new TMVA::DataLoader("hi");
cling::DynamicLibraryManager::loadLibrary(): libf77blas.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
IncrementalExecutor::executeFunction: symbol '_ZN4TMVA10DataLoaderC1E7TString' unresolved while linking [cling interface function]!
You are probably missing the definition of TMVA::DataLoader::DataLoader(TString)
Maybe you need to load the corresponding shared library?
root [2]

Many thanks in advance for your help!
Cheers, Gordon.

2 Likes
sudo apt install libatlas-base-dev

In this context, “ATLAS” is not a detector but “Automatically Tuned Linear Algebra Software”.

3 Likes

I am sure Gordon is painfully aware that ATLAS software can’t be that easily installed. Even on Ubuntu :stuck_out_tongue:

Perhaps this should be added to the optional packages (or similar) in the build root web page?

I did get it down to two scripts at one point… :wink:

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.