Libcrypto.so.6 not found

I am using ROOT 5.34.14 on a cluster.

When I try to compile *.cc using my basic flags root-conflig --cflags --glibs which include -lNet and some other dependencies, I get this error:

ld: warning: libcrypto.so.6, needed by /data/apps/root/5.34.14/lib/root/libNet.so, not found (try using -rpath or -rpath-link)
ld: warning: libssl.so.6, needed by /data/apps/root/5.34.14/lib/root/libNet.so, not found (try using -rpath or -rpath-link)

/data/apps/root/5.34.14/lib/root/libNet.so: undefined reference to EVP_sha1' /data/apps/root/5.34.14/lib/root/libNet.so: undefined reference toSSL_CTX_new’
/data/apps/root/5.34.14/lib/root/libNet.so: undefined reference to SSL_set_fd' /data/apps/root/5.34.14/lib/root/libNet.so: undefined reference toSSL_CTX_use_certificate_chain_file’
/data/apps/root/5.34.14/lib/root/libNet.so: undefined reference to SSL_shutdown' /data/apps/root/5.34.14/lib/root/libNet.so: undefined reference toSSL_set_quiet_shutdown’
/data/apps/root/5.34.14/lib/root/libNet.so: undefined reference to SSL_get_error' /data/apps/root/5.34.14/lib/root/libNet.so: undefined reference toSSL_CTX_load_verify_locations’
/data/apps/root/5.34.14/lib/root/libNet.so: undefined reference to SSL_CTX_use_PrivateKey_file' /data/apps/root/5.34.14/lib/root/libNet.so: undefined reference toSSLv23_method’
/data/apps/root/5.34.14/lib/root/libNet.so: undefined reference to SSL_peek' /data/apps/root/5.34.14/lib/root/libNet.so: undefined reference toSSL_read’
/data/apps/root/5.34.14/lib/root/libNet.so: undefined reference to SSL_library_init' /data/apps/root/5.34.14/lib/root/libNet.so: undefined reference toSSL_connect’
/data/apps/root/5.34.14/lib/root/libNet.so: undefined reference to SSL_write' /data/apps/root/5.34.14/lib/root/libNet.so: undefined reference toSSL_free’
/data/apps/root/5.34.14/lib/root/libNet.so: undefined reference to SSL_new' /data/apps/root/5.34.14/lib/root/libNet.so: undefined reference toHMAC’
/data/apps/root/5.34.14/lib/root/libNet.so: undefined reference to `SSL_CTX_free’

How should I advise the administrator on the best solution to this? I suggested that they install SSL development files, and I have not heard back yet.