libCint.so: could not read symbols

Hi, I’m kind of new to this board, so it’s possible that I will leave out some important information in this post, but here goes. I am trying to get a somewhat large program working with the newest version of ROOT (5.34), that was working with a previous version 5.27. The program compiles, however it is having problems linking with some of the libraries. I am building it with cmake, and I am including the libraries using the line

The error I’m getting in linking is

[quote]Linking CXX executable GAPS.out
/usr/bin/ld: /home/gaps/Simulation/ROOT/lib/libCore.so: undefined reference to symbol ‘G__defined_typename’
/usr/bin/ld: note: ‘G__defined_typename’ is defined in DSO /home/gaps/Simulation/ROOT/lib/libCint.so so try adding it to the linker command line
/home/gaps/Simulation/ROOT/lib/libCint.so: could not read symbols: Invalid operation
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [GAPS.out] Error 1
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/GAPS.out.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2
[/quote]

It seems like the first problem is being caused by the other problem of it not being able to read libCint.so. I’m not sure if this problem is arising because I’m running 64bit Ubuntu 12.04, but any help would be appreciated greatly, I’ve been stuck on this for a while

Just as an update, I did get this same setup working with ROOT version 5.32 on a 32-bit Ubuntu 10.04 machine, and I’ve had problems similar to this where the library .so file could not be read on 64 bits.

So I’m not sure why this is, but I got it to work by changing around the orders that I linked the libraries, making it so -lCint would come later, in the line

Moving the ROOT libraries to be last fixed my problem