Latest root binaries for Windows 10

Good morning,

I’m really surprised a google search hasn’t turned up this situation. When I invoke root, I get this message before it starts

cling::DynamicLibraryManager::loadLibrary(): LoadLibrary: returned 126: The specified module could not be found.
cling::DynamicLibraryManager::loadLibrary(): LoadLibrary: returned 126: The specified module could not be found.

Then I get the root prompt and everything seems to work. My compiler is up to date, this is the latest version of root, and the install of binaries went without a hitch. I believe I’ve been seeing this for sometime now (going back a few versions), but I can’t be precise. As far as I can tell, it’s an annoyance.

Thanks in advance.

Scott

Please read tips for efficient and successful posting and posting code

Please fill also the fields below. Note that root -b -q will tell you this info, and starting from 6.28/06 upwards, you can call .forum bug from the ROOT prompt to pre-populate a topic.

_ROOT Version:6.28/06
_Platform: Windows 10
_Compiler: VS 2022

Well, it’s hard to tell what could cause this issue. Than can be any missing dependency DLL

I see. I wish it would give more information so I’d know what is missing.

Everything seems so standard. My compiler, root, this Windows 10 computer. Nothing is non-standard as far as I know.

And in principle, we don’t build against external dependencies we don’t (we can’t) distribute together with the ROOT binaries, so this should not happen. But I’ll investigate nevertheless

Thank you. I should have mentioned (sorry) I chose to download the windows 32 debug version of binaries, and that is the one I’m using. When I write 32 bit code that uses root, I get these messages too…and then it works.

Best,
Scott

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.