Issues loading GDML file

Hi,

Many moons ago I used to be able to load GDML files into the geometry manager (using a 5.x release), but it isn’t working for me using the latest prod release.

I have compiled ROOT 6.06.02 using ‘configure --enable-gdml’ and the build completes successfully. I’m using RHEL6.

I then try to load a GDML file…

root[] gSystem->Load(“libGeom”);
root[] geom->Import(“myGeom.gdml”, “geom”);
root[] geom->GetTopVolume()->Draw();

I get a few errors from loading…

Error in TGeoVoxelFinder::SortAll: Wrong bounding box for volume tracking_volume
Error in TGeoVoxelFinder::SortAll: Wrong bounding box for volume world_volume

Then some complaints about a missing graphics library…

cling::DynamicLibraryManager::loadLibrary(): libpng16.so.16: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Error in TInterpreter::TCling::AutoLoad: failure loading library libASImage.so for TASImage

Then some stack traces, which include these relevant looking bits…

#21 0x00007f8eb068f2eb in cling::Interpreter::RunFunction(clang::FunctionDecl const*, cling::Value*) () from /media/work/sw/root/root-6.06.02/lib/libCling.so

#5 0x00007f8ea69cc509 in TGHScrollBar::SetPosition(int) () from /media/work/sw/root/root-6.06.02/lib/libGui.so

I’m not sure what to make of all this. Should this be working or is my build broken in some basic way? The configure script did not complain about being able to build the graphics library, but then run-time linking is broken somehow.

I’m am loading a rather complex GDML file, but it validates against the schema. Perhaps I can try something simpler, though I suspect the file itself isn’t the problem.

Any tips for me?

Thanks.

–Jeremy

[edit]

This appears to be an issue with libpng on RHEL6 being old and 1.6 not being present.

Support for gdml has been hose in root6. See my comment from April 4.
(root 5 still works.)

Hi,

@wattsjw: The problem here is different. GDML is still supported but a broken feature (the evaluation of expression with the GDML has been suspended).

@jeremym: Yes, it seems like it is a configuration/build problem. Apparently libpng16.so.16 was found during the build but is not found (on the LD_LIBRARY_PATH) at run-time.

Cheers,
Philippe.