Is Root available for python3?

Hello,
I was using root version 6.18.04 (built from the source) on Ubuntu 20.04 LTS. It was working fine. But I recently upgraded to Ubuntu 22.04 LTS. I am getting an error :

ERROR in cling::CIFactory::createCI(): cannot extract standard library include paths!
Invoking:
  LC_ALL=C x86_64-linux-gnu-g++-7  -O3 -DNDEBUG -xc++ -E -v /dev/null 2>&1 >/dev/null | awk '/^#include </,/^End of search/{if (!/^#include </ && !/^End of search/){ print }}' | GREP_OPTIONS= grep -E "(c|g)\+\+"
Results was:
With exit code 256

I tried to reinstall prerequisite packages (as discussed in root forum for this problem), but after

sudo apt-get install dpkg-dev cmake g++ gcc binutils libx11-dev libxpm-dev \
libxft-dev libxext-dev python libssl-dev

I am getting

Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
Reading state information... Done
Package python is not available, but is referred to by another package.
This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
is only available from another source
However the following packages replace it:
  python2-minimal:i386 python2:i386 python2-minimal python2 dh-python 2to3
  python-is-python3

E: Package 'python' has no installation candidate

I think Ubuntu 22.04 is updated to python3 and does not support python2 anymore. Is there any solution to this?

sudo apt-get install python2-dev python3-dev

You are trying to use ROOT binaries compiled by gcc 7, but your current system uses gcc 11.2.0.
You need to (re)build your ROOT completely from scratch again.

Last but not least, the ROOT team provides ready-to-use binary distributions for some systems (see “Download a pre-compiled binary distribution” therein), including various Ubuntu versions, which you just need to download and unpack.

For Ubuntu 22.04 / x86_64 / gcc 11.2: https://root.cern/download/?C=M;O=A;P=*[uU][bB][uU][nN][tT][uU]*22*

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.