Is a new release coming, since LLVM 13 was merged 2 weeks ago?

Hey folks! Happy holidays.

This is a follow up of Linkage errors with LLVM 13, which has been closed after 2 weeks, but it’s also a general question since the LLVM 13 work that Vassil’s been leading has now been merged.

I’m really looking forward to trying it out!

Following up on this, I’ve been trying to figure out what LLVM repo and branch I need in order to build with Cling’s master. This repo http://root.cern.ch/git/llvm.git doesn’t contain any recent branches, or any that pertain to LLVM 13. @vvassilev’s LLVM branch was claimed to be out of date here: Linkage errors with LLVM 13 - #3 by vvassilev

It seems like all of this went into root/cling master but we’re missing some documentation on how to use it. Please let me know what I’m missing!

I have added all the ingredients to be able to build the master against our forks. You can use the standard way of building cling. There are cling-patches-rrelease13 for both llvm.git and clang.git. You could use now a standard cpt invocation such as ./cpt.py --create-dev-env Debug --with-workdir=./cling-build/ to build a debug version of cling.

As for a release of cling that’s based on llvm13 we should wait first to release ROOT as it is cling’s major user which discovers bugs. I expect that to happen some time in Jan. Once that’s done I can cut a cling release relatively quickly.

Thank you! I’ll give this a go. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.