Integration of root 4 feature into a standalone application

Hello,
I’m developing a standalone application (compiled, outside the cint) using TG* framework.
I need to integrate into my application the new properties editor of root 4 (SetLineAttribute and so on), because I need to build a set of configuration files that are loaded by the application before the display of the graphs, histos, and so on, and I would like to build and editor for this file.
In addition I would like to integrate the new toolbar of the Canvas class into my standalone application.
How is possible to do this?
Thank you very much
Andrea Bulgarelli

Hi,

All you need to do is to link against the ROOT libraries. See for example $ROOTSYS/test/guitest and $ROOTSYS/test/Makefile

Cheers,
Philippe

Thank you for your response, but I have already developed a standalone application. I woluld like to add some feature of the TCanvas (the toolbar) and I would like to reuse partially the code of the properties editor of the root 4 into my application for build a separated property editor for building a configuration file of properties.
Thank you
Andrea Bulgarelli

Hi,

I do not understand what you are trying to do and in which context.
From your wording, I am thinking that you are code that has no relation with ROOT what so ever and that you want to incorporate feature from the TCanvas in it. If this is the case, you would need to look at the ROOT code and locate the revelant portion and copy/paste/modify or start using a TCanvas.

Philippe

Hi Andrea Bulgarelli,
what does it mean “(compiled, outside the cint)”?

Thanks. Regards. Valeriy

I’m sorry for my poor english. :frowning:
"(compiled, outside the cint)" means that I have used the gcc compiler to build my application by compiling my own gcc code and linking it with ROOT 4.00.08 library.
Currently the properties of the TCanvas, TGraph, TH1, and so on are modified using the property editor of ROOT. The problem is that the user is not able to save different values for the properties of the ROOT objects which are defined in my code.
Instead I would like to add the possibility for the user to change and store in a configuration file the properties of ROOT objects, to reload the next time that the user use the same objects. How is possibile to do this?
I thought to build a configuration file editor and load this configuratio file. For do this, I’m asking you how can I reuse some ROOT code to create and edit this configuration file.

In addition I would like to integrate the new toolbar of the Canvas class into my standalone application without copy/paste code. It is possible to do this?

Thank you very much
Andrea Bulgarelli