Installing ROOT on Windows 11

Hi, it says that the binary distribution can only be installed on Windows 10, but I really need to install ROOT on Windows 11. I tried to install
root_v6.26.10.win64.vc17.exe, but got the following errors

RegOpenKeyEx(HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\$VERSION\InstallationFolder): returned 2: аОа~
RegOpenKeyEx(HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Kits\Installed Roots\KitsRoot10): returned 2: @)?┴¤⌂
input_line_1:1:10: fatal error: 'new' file not found
#include <new>
         ^~~~~
Assertion failed: OldBuilder->DeferredDeclsToEmit.empty() && "Should have emitted all decls deferred to emit.", file C:\build\ws\BUILDTYPE\Release\LABEL\windows64\V\6-26\root\interpreter\llvm\src\tools\clang\lib\CodeGen\ModuleBuilder.cpp, line 147

Is it possible to fix them somehow?
If not, is it possible to install the source one on Windows 11? And how to do it?__

Please read tips for efficient and successful posting and posting code

ROOT Version: 26.10
Platform: Windows11
Compiler: Not Provided

Hi, do you have Visual Studio 2022 with Desktop development with C++ installed on your machine?

1 Like

Please excuse me for the very, very slow response. Yes, indeed, after a correct reinstallation Visual Studio, was able to install ROOT on Windows11. Thank you very much.

1 Like

You’re very welcome!

How can I fix this error.
ImportError: cannot import name ‘formatargspec’ from ‘inspect’ (C:\Users\Hp\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python311\Lib\inspect.py)