Installing root in Windows 10

Please read tips for efficient and successful posting and posting code

ROOT Version: Not Provided
Platform: Not Provided
Compiler: Not Provided

I’m trying to install root in my windows 10 PC. I installed Visual Studio and Cmake from respective websites as the prerequisites for the program. And I also downloaded the binary though I can’t run the binary file thisroot.bat.
Running it directly opens a window what looks like command line which disappears instantly. Running it through the command prompt goes through the following process. What should I do?

PS C:\Users\akasp\MEGA\Documents\root\bin> thisroot.bat
thisroot.bat : The term ‘thisroot.bat’ is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program.
Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try again.
At line:1 char:1

• thisroot.bat
  • CategoryInfo : ObjectNotFound: (thisroot.bat:String) [], CommandNotFoundException
  • FullyQualifiedErrorId : CommandNotFoundException

Open a command prompt (or a x86 Native Tools Command Prompt for VS 2019), then simply type C:\Users\akasp\MEGA\Documents\root\bin\thisroot.bat and start root by typing root

But I already mentioned the error message that shows when I try execute the batch file.

I’ve never seen such error message in a regular command prompt…

And what is PS?

As I said, start a command prompt (or a x86 Native Tools Command Prompt for VS 2019), not a PowerShell…

And as PowerShell says, you can also try:

Suggestion [3,General]: The command thisroot.bat was not found, but does exist in the current location. Windows PowerShell does not load commands from the current location by default. If you trust this command, instead type: ".\thisroot.bat". See "get-help about_Command_Precedence" for more details.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.