Installing root 6.04 on new mac book air OS X 10.10 issue

Dear root experts

Im trying to install root 6.04 (the latest pro version) in a fresh MBA with 10.10. I did the usual pre install stuff with installing xcode, xcode command tools, mac ports, xquartz and got the source and did configure and make. Make stops with the following error

ROOT::TMetaUtils::AST2SourceTools::GetDefArg(clang::ParmVarDecl const&, std::__1::basic_string<char, std::__1::char_traits, std::__1::allocator >&, clang::PrintingPolicy const&) in TMetaUtils.o
RScanner::GetSrcLocation(clang::SourceLocation) const in Scanner.o
RScanner::GetLocation(clang::Decl*) const in Scanner.o
RScanner::ExprToStr(clang::Expr*) const in Scanner.o

NOTE: a missing vtable usually means the first non-inline virtual member function has no definition.
“vtable for llvm::formatted_raw_ostream”, referenced from:
cling::(anonymous namespace)::AppendAnyDeclLocation(clang::CompilerInstance const*, clang::SourceLocation, std::__1::basic_string<char, std::__1::char_traits, std::__1::allocator >&, char const*, char const*, char const*) in Display.o
void cling::(anonymous namespace)::AppendUDTSizeclang::VarDecl(clang::CompilerInstance const*, clang::VarDecl const*, std::__1::basic_string<char, std::__1::char_traits, std::__1::allocator >&) in Display.o
cling::(anonymous namespace)::ClassPrinter::DisplayClassDecl(clang::CXXRecordDecl const*) const in Display.o
cling::(anonymous namespace)::ClassPrinter::DisplayBasesAsTree(clang::CXXRecordDecl const*, unsigned int) const in Display.o
cling::(anonymous namespace)::ClassPrinter::DisplayDataMembers(clang::CXXRecordDecl const*, unsigned int) const in Display.o

NOTE: a missing vtable usually means the first non-inline virtual member function has no definition.
ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture i386
clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)
make: *** [core/utils/src/rootcling_tmp] Error 1

Any help would be much appreciated! or if anyone has a working set of instructions for the latest OS X please let me know. Many Thanks!

Cheers
Raghav

Hi,

It works for us and everyone else. I need more info. Can you send the full invocation of the linker, the build system you use, how you configured, which compiler and version.

Cheers, Axel.