Installing on Windows keeps failing

Please help me understand what I’m doing wrong and finally be able to install ROOT in Windows 10.

I downloaded v.6.26.06 and follow the instructions at Building ROOT from source - ROOT.
I run CMake on VS17 and 64 bit. It exits saying:

CMake Error at C:/Program Files/Microsoft Visual Studio/2022/Community/Common7/IDE/CommonExtensions/Microsoft/CMake/CMake/share/cmake-3.23/Modules/ExternalProject.cmake:2540 (message):
error: could not find git for clone of clad
Call Stack (most recent call first):
C:/Program Files/Microsoft Visual Studio/2022/Community/Common7/IDE/CommonExtensions/Microsoft/CMake/CMake/share/cmake-3.23/Modules/ExternalProject.cmake:3640 (_ep_add_download_command)
interpreter/cling/tools/plugins/clad/CMakeLists.txt:66 (ExternalProject_Add)

– Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!

[editing out unnecessary part]

I’m attaching the output from running CMake and the CMakeOutput.log and CMakeError.log.

Any help will be greatly appreciated because I’m at my wits’ end.

PS: I really suggest this piece of advise here is included in the instructions:
https://root-forum.cern.ch/t/failing-to-install-root-on-windows/34471/4https://root-forum.cern.ch/t/failing-to-install-root-on-windows/34471/4

CMakeError.txt (56.0 KB)
CMakeOutput.txt (32.9 KB)
output.txt (11.0 KB)

You can either install git or disable clad, from cmake-gui or on the command prompt with -Dclad=OFF

1 Like

Many thanks! Is there a chance you can also help with the new problem, encountered when I try to run “root --notebook”? :slightly_frowning_face:

When I start a ROOT C++ notebook I get the errors
“ModuleNotFoundError: No module named ‘JupyROOT.kernel.magics.magics\cppmagic’”
and
“Exception: Error importing Magic: JupyROOT.kernel.magics.magics\cppmagic”.

Edit: However, %%cpp cells in a python notebook do work.

Versions:
Python 3.6.5
Jupyter 4.4.0
ROOT 6.26/06

Right, there is apparently a problem. I’ll check

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.