Installation succeeds but root doesn't start

Hi everybody.

A few month ago I installed root (I don’t remember which version) on ubuntu 11.04. After a lot of work and tries I finally managed to find an installation procedure that works and I wrote it down for later use.
Yesterday I finally installed ubuntu 12.04 and had to reinstall root. I updated the procedure to the new requests of this version, the installation went perfectly, but if I launch root I see the spash screen and an error message:

[quote]Couldn’t find font “-adobe-helvetica-medium-r---10-----*-iso8859-1”,
trying “fixed”. Please fix your system so helvetica can be found,
this font typically is in the rpm (or pkg equivalent) package
XFree86-[75,100]dpi-fonts or fonts-xorg-[75,100]dpi.
/usr/local/bin/root.exe: error while loading shared libraries: libCore.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory[/quote]
No idea why it looks for root.exe on a linux distro…
More important, pyroot doesn’t work. When I import it into python, it says:

[quote]Traceback (most recent call last):
File “”, line 1, in
File “/usr/local/lib/root/ROOT.py”, line 85, in
import libPyROOT as _root
ImportError: libRIO.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory[/quote]

Something more about my computer and the procedure I followed:
Computer: acer aspire timelinex 4830tg
CPU: itel i5, 2.4 GHz, 64 bit

What I did:
*Downloaded the last version (5.34.01) from here.
*Extracted the package, cd into the extracted directory.
*Installed the packages subversion dpkg-dev make g++ gcc binutils libx11-dev libxpm-dev libxft-dev libxext-dev, as explained here.
*Executed the configuration:

incdir and libdir should be corrected.
*Executed make; sudo make install; sudo ldconfig (one after another, not the three on the same line).
*After the first error I rconfigured without an explicit architecture (i.e. omitting linuxx8664gcc) and compiled again.
The installation folder (usr/local/lib/root) contains a lot of files, so the installation succeeded, but there is something inside the program that doesn’t work.

Does anyone know what to correct?
It’s not important if the root program doesn’t work, I only need pyroot to work properly.

[url]Font problem in TBrowser. Ubuntu 12.04
[url]Adobe helvetica on ubuntu 11.04

[url]Import ROOT error
[url]PyROOT and Ubuntu 12.04

Do not forget to …
source /path/to/your/ROOT/installation/bin/thisroot.©sh

You might also try to add “–enable-explicitlink --enable-rpath --enable-soversion” when you “configure” your ROOT.

Ok, it was that simple… I feel stupid.

Thanks a lot for the help and sorry if I wasted your time.