Installation problem

Hi everybody,
I downloaded root5-24-00 and did
./configure,
make

after along time I got an error:

g++ -m32 -O2 -o bin/hadd main/src/hadd.o
-Llib -lCore -lCint -lRIO -lNet -lHist -lGraf -lGraf3d -lGpad -lTree -lMatrix -lMathCore -lThread -lm -ldl -pthread -rdynamic
lib/libRIO.so: undefined reference to `int TStreamerInfo::ReadBuffer<char**>(TBuffer&, char** const&, int, int, int, int)'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [bin/hadd] Error 1
rm core/utils/src/RStl_tmp.cxx core/utils/src/rootcint_tmp.cxx

The linux kernel is:
Linux kernel 2.6.30.5-30.fc11.i586
gcc (GCC) 4.4.1 20090725 (Red Hat 4.4.1-2)

I really need to get root working on my machine.

Denson

[quote]I really need to get root working on my machine.[/quote]You will need to download the source of either the trunk or the v5.24 patch branch.

Cheers,
Philippe.

Hi Phillipe,

[quote]You will need to download the source of either the trunk or the v5.24 patch branch.
Cheers,
Philippe.[/quote]
Thanks for the reply
I have already tried both a download of root-5-24-00.tar.gz and, svn co root.cern.ch/svn/root/tags/v5-24-00 and they both gave me the same error.

Denson

[quote]I have already tried both a download of root-5-24-00.tar.gz and, svn co root.cern.ch/svn/root/tags/v5-24-00 and they both gave me the same error. [/quote]Humm … this is still the same thing than what you first tried, isn’t it?

After re-reading from post, the issue you have is with gcc 4.4.1 (rather than 4.4.0), that issue in only fixed in the trunk by revision 29800. You can either download the trunk or apply the patch at root.cern.ch/viewvc?view=rev&revision=29800 to your download of 5.24/00

Cheers,
Philippe.

Thank you Philippe,
I applied the patch manually and it installed successfully!
Doing sv co root.cern.ch/svn/root/tags/v5-24-00 … DO NOT compile on my machine.

Thanks

Denson