Installation problem with ftgl in macos X

Hi there,

I get the following error when trying to compile root v5-21-06:

graf3d/ftgl/src/FTVectoriser.cxx: In member function 'void FTVectoriser::MakeMesh(FTGL_DOUBLE)': graf3d/ftgl/src/FTVectoriser.cxx:186: error: invalid conversion from 'GLvoid (*)()' to 'GLvoid (*)(...)' graf3d/ftgl/src/FTVectoriser.cxx:186: error: initializing argument 3 of 'void gluTessCallback(GLUtesselator*, GLenum, GLvoid (*)(...))' graf3d/ftgl/src/FTVectoriser.cxx:187: error: invalid conversion from 'GLvoid (*)()' to 'GLvoid (*)(...)' graf3d/ftgl/src/FTVectoriser.cxx:187: error: initializing argument 3 of 'void gluTessCallback(GLUtesselator*, GLenum, GLvoid (*)(...))' graf3d/ftgl/src/FTVectoriser.cxx:188: error: invalid conversion from 'GLvoid (*)()' to 'GLvoid (*)(...)' graf3d/ftgl/src/FTVectoriser.cxx:188: error: initializing argument 3 of 'void gluTessCallback(GLUtesselator*, GLenum, GLvoid (*)(...))' graf3d/ftgl/src/FTVectoriser.cxx:189: error: invalid conversion from 'GLvoid (*)()' to 'GLvoid (*)(...)' graf3d/ftgl/src/FTVectoriser.cxx:189: error: initializing argument 3 of 'void gluTessCallback(GLUtesselator*, GLenum, GLvoid (*)(...))' graf3d/ftgl/src/FTVectoriser.cxx:190: error: invalid conversion from 'GLvoid (*)()' to 'GLvoid (*)(...)' graf3d/ftgl/src/FTVectoriser.cxx:190: error: initializing argument 3 of 'void gluTessCallback(GLUtesselator*, GLenum, GLvoid (*)(...))' make: *** [graf3d/ftgl/src/FTVectoriser.o] Error 1

I then tried doing

but still, I see the following at the end of configure:

support for builtin_ftgl is there no matter what I do!

I guess there are two problems here. Any idea?

Which version of Mac OS X (10.4.x)?

– Fons

well, I just got the latest release and still get the same error. It seems that the compilation flags for this files are wrong or the pre-processor conditionals are wrong. Either way this ends up causing the wrong definition of GLUTesselatorFunction in graf3d/ftgl/src/FTVectoriser.cxx.

It should be:

but it uses the second one:

Using Mac OS 10.4.11 and gcc 4.2.3

Does it work with the official Apple compiler 4.0.1 (build 5490)?

– Fons

Hi Fons,

Sorry for so many delays (and happy new year). It builds fine with the official compiler, mine is build 5363, but I don’t use that one for all my stuff.

I’ve only access to:

gcc -v: gcc version 4.0.1 (Apple Inc. build 5490)

gcc-4.2 -v: gcc version 4.2.1 (Apple Inc. build 5566)

/Developer/usr/bin/llvm-gcc -v: gcc version 4.2.1 (Based on Apple Inc. build 5555) (LLVM build 2056)

gcc-4 -v: gcc version 4.3.2 (GCC) (gcc 4.3 from Fink)

And they all compile this file correctly. Please move to one of these compilers.

Cheers, Fons.