Installation prob

I tried to install root more than once, but didn’t work correctly, can anyone guide me step by step please? i have windows64- x64

Hello @mutaz ,

and welcome to the ROOT forum. You can find Windows installation instructions in each release’s page, e.g. here: Release 62606 - ROOT .

You can also install ROOT under that Windows Subsystem for Linux, see here: Complete ROOT Installation Instructions for WSL (Ubuntu 18.04 on Windows 10) - #3 by eguiraud .

Cheers,
Enrico

1 Like

i have the following error message … may you guide me please
i try to run linux subsystem on my windows ( ubaunu)

Did you follow the instructions given on the pages @eguiraud pointed to?
The screen dump you posted is not very informative in that sense.

1 Like

Shouldn’t it be ls instead of 1s ?

2 Likes

Yes obviously but I think the screen but meant to show what was before this typo… maybe not … :wink:

1 Like

please, noted that there is no histogram created after these instruction … what is the problem please
iam using WSL

What do you get in the Canvas with these commands ?

@couet This is a Windows machine (and WSL), I bet the “X Server” is not running.

Duplicate thread

Given that the original installation problem is gone, I’ll mark as solved this topic.

See Please, noted that there is no histogram created after these instruction … what is the problem please iam using WSL - #5 by jalopezg for the continuation of the discussion on X11 graphics output.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.