Installation Issues on virtual machine (Linux)

I’ve been trying to install root on a linux virtual machine and but i have problems completing and i receive this error message:
CMake Error at XROOTD-stamp/XROOTD-download-Release.cmake:49 (message):
Command failed: 1

‘/usr/bin/cmake’ ‘-Dmake=’ ‘-Dconfig=’ ‘-P’ ‘/home/abdul/ROOT/build_Root/builtins/xrootd/XROOTD-prefix/src/XROOTD-stamp/XROOTD-download-Release-impl.cmake’

See also

/home/abdul/ROOT/build_Root/builtins/xrootd/XROOTD-prefix/src/XROOTD-stamp/XROOTD-download-*.log

make[2]: *** [builtins/xrootd/CMakeFiles/XROOTD.dir/build.make:91: builtins/xrootd/XROOTD-prefix/src/XROOTD-stamp/XROOTD-download] Error 1
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/Makefile2:9242: builtins/xrootd/CMakeFiles/XROOTD.dir/all] Error 2
make[1]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs…

The last executed commands were:
[ 27%] Building CXX object interpreter/llvm/src/utils/TableGen/CMakeFiles/obj.llvm-tblgen.dir/CodeGenSchedule.cpp.o
[ 27%] Building CXX object interpreter/llvm/src/utils/TableGen/CMakeFiles/obj.llvm-tblgen.dir/CodeGenTarget.cpp.o
[ 27%] Building CXX object interpreter/llvm/src/utils/TableGen/CMakeFiles/obj.llvm-tblgen.dir/DAGISelEmitter.cpp.o

Thanks a lot for the help

Hi @Andrea_Baldassi ,
welcome to the ROOT forum!

This is a known problem with latest-stable/v6.26.02. You should find several hit on the forum, e.g. Error building ROOT from source on MacOS 12.4 - #2 by eguiraud or Installation issues ROOT from source on Ubuntu 22.04 - #3 by eguiraud . It is fixed in the master and v6-26-00-patches branches, and it will be fixed in the upcoming v6.26.04 patch release.

Cheers,
Enrico

i tried with the older version, it seems to be working. Thanks a lot
Andrea

In case anyone gets here, this is now fixed in latest_stable now that it was bumped to v6.24.06