Installation error: make error

I have installed Ubuntu 20.04 and now I’m trying to install the root. But I’m getting the error repeatedly. I tried vs. 6.14 and 6.16. Please help me to get out of this.
The error:

[ 4%] Built target move_header_core_base
– DAVIX download command succeeded. See also /root/Software/root-6.14.04/root/builtins/davix/DAVIX-prefix/src/DAVIX-stamp/DAVIX-download-.log
[ 4%] No patch step for ‘DAVIX’
[ 4%] No update step for ‘DAVIX’
[ 4%] Performing configure step for ‘DAVIX’
– DAVIX configure command succeeded. See also /root/Software/root-6.14.04/root/builtins/davix/DAVIX-prefix/src/DAVIX-stamp/DAVIX-configure-
.log
[ 4%] Performing build step for ‘DAVIX’
– DAVIX build command succeeded. See also /root/Software/root-6.14.04/root/builtins/davix/DAVIX-prefix/src/DAVIX-stamp/DAVIX-build-.log
[ 4%] Performing install step for ‘DAVIX’
– DAVIX install command succeeded. See also /root/Software/root-6.14.04/root/builtins/davix/DAVIX-prefix/src/DAVIX-stamp/DAVIX-install-
.log
[ 4%] Completed ‘DAVIX’
[ 4%] Built target DAVIX
make: *** [Makefile:152: all] Error 2

ROOT Version: 6.14 and 6.16
Platform: Ubuntu 20.04

Hi @NewRootUser,
sorry for the late reply. 6.14 and 6.16 are fairly old ROOT versions, you should probably use 6.20/02.

Your screenshot and copy-paste do not contain the relevant part of the build error so I am not sure what went wrong, but note that you do not have to compile ROOT from source to install it on Ubuntu 20.04! You can directly download and start to use pre-compiled binaries, or you can install ROOT via the conda package manager with just conda create --name cern-root --channel conda-forge root.

You can check all options at https://root.cern/install .
I hope this helps!
Enrico