Install root_v5.22.00 on hp/compaq alpha ds25 (alphagcc)

To install root_v5.22.00 on an hp/compaq alpha workstation ds25, os=tru64 v5.1,
I do:

after that,

after some 100 lines of output, gmake exits
with the error message

g++ -O2 -fPIC -mcpu=ev5 -DG__REGEXP -DG__UNIX -DG__SHAREDLIB -DG__64BIT -DG__OSFDLL -DG__ROOT -DG__REDIRECTIO -Iinclude -DR__HAVE_CONFIG -DG__HAVE_CONFIG -DG__NOMAKEINFO -DG__CINTBODY -Icint/cint/inc -Icint/cint/src -Icint/cint/src/dict -I. -o cint/cint/src/shl.o -c cint/cint/src/shl.cxx cint/cint/src/shl.cxx: In function `const char* G__dladdr(void (*)())': cint/cint/src/shl.cxx:2128: error: `Dl_info' undeclared (first use this function) cint/cint/src/shl.cxx:2128: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in.) cint/cint/src/shl.cxx:2128: error: expected `;' before "info" cint/cint/src/shl.cxx:2129: error: `info' undeclared (first use this function) cint/cint/src/shl.cxx:2129: error: `dladdr' undeclared (first use this function) gmake: *** [cint/cint/src/shl.o] Error
Can someone tell me what to do? Thank you.

Hi,

do you have a chance to help us here? We don’t have access to an tru64 machine. What the code (cint/cint/src/shl.cxx lines 2128-2135) tries to do is to determine whether a function given its address is in any loaded library, and if so return the name of the library. Is that possible with the tru64 API?

Cheers, Axel.

Hi,

Please try the following patch:[code]Index: cint/cint/src/shl.cxx

— cint/cint/src/shl.cxx (revision 28320)
+++ cint/cint/src/shl.cxx (working copy)
@@ -13,6 +13,10 @@
************************************************************************/

+#if defined(TRU64)
+#define EXTENSIONS
+#endif
+
#include “common.h”
#include “dllrev.h”
#include
[/code]

Cheers,
Philippe.

I’m getting the same problem trying to build rootv5.22.00a from source on a mac running Mac OS X 10.4.11 with gcc 4.0.1. The solution listed didn’t work.

g++ -O2 -pipe -W -Wall -Woverloaded-virtual -fsigned-char -fno-common -Iinclude -DG__REGEXP -DG__UNIX -DG__SHAREDLIB -DG__ROOT -DG__REDIRECTIO -DG__OSFDLL -DG__STD_EXCEPTION -DG__HAVE_CONFIG -DG__NOMAKEINFO -DG__CINTBODY -Icint/cint/inc -Icint/cint/src -Icint/cint/src/dict -D_REENTRANT -I. -o cint/cint/src/shl.o -c cint/cint/src/shl.cxx
cint/cint/src/shl.cxx: In function ‘const char* G__dladdr(void (*)())’:
cint/cint/src/shl.cxx:2128: error: ‘Dl_info’ was not declared in this scope
cint/cint/src/shl.cxx:2128: error: expected `;’ before 'info’
cint/cint/src/shl.cxx:2129: error: ‘info’ was not declared in this scope
cint/cint/src/shl.cxx:2129: error: ‘dladdr’ was not declared in this scope
cint/cint/src/shl.cxx:2137: warning: control reaches end of non-void function
make: *** [cint/cint/src/shl.o] Error 1