Install root_v5.10.00 on FC5 (ldap problem)

I tried to install root from source on FC5. I download the source tar file into ~/Desktop and untar it into root. Then I typed:
export ROOTSYS=/usr/local/root
./configure linux
gmake

Then I got the following errors:
g++ -g -pipe -Wall -W -Woverloaded-virtual -fPIC -Iinclude -pthread -o ldap/src/TLDAPServer.o -c ldap/src/TLDAPServer.cxx
ldap/src/TLDAPServer.cxx: In constructor ‘TLDAPServer::TLDAPServer(const char*, Int_t, const char*, const char*)’:
ldap/src/TLDAPServer.cxx:42: error: ‘ldap_init’ was not declared in this scope
ldap/src/TLDAPServer.cxx: In member function ‘Int_t TLDAPServer::Bind()’:
ldap/src/TLDAPServer.cxx:65: error: ‘ldap_simple_bind_s’ was not declared in this scope
ldap/src/TLDAPServer.cxx:67: error: ‘ldap_unbind’ was not declared in this scope
ldap/src/TLDAPServer.cxx: In member function ‘void TLDAPServer::Unbind()’:
ldap/src/TLDAPServer.cxx:94: error: ‘ldap_unbind’ was not declared in this scope
ldap/src/TLDAPServer.cxx: In member function ‘TLDAPResult* TLDAPServer::Search(const char*, Int_t, const char*, TList*, Bool_t)’:
ldap/src/TLDAPServer.cxx:235: error: ‘ldap_search_s’ was not declared in this scope
ldap/src/TLDAPServer.cxx: In member function ‘Int_t TLDAPServer::AddEntry(TLDAPEntry&)’:
ldap/src/TLDAPServer.cxx:266: error: ‘ldap_add_s’ was not declared in this scope
ldap/src/TLDAPServer.cxx: In member function ‘Int_t TLDAPServer::ModifyEntry(TLDAPEntry&, Int_t)’:
ldap/src/TLDAPServer.cxx:297: error: ‘ldap_modify_s’ was not declared in this scope
ldap/src/TLDAPServer.cxx: In member function ‘Int_t TLDAPServer::DeleteEntry(const char*)’:
ldap/src/TLDAPServer.cxx:319: error: ‘ldap_delete_s’ was not declared in this scope
ldap/src/TLDAPServer.cxx: In member function ‘Int_t TLDAPServer::RenameEntry(const char*, const char*, Bool_t)’:
ldap/src/TLDAPServer.cxx:346: error: ‘ldap_modrdn2_s’ was not declared in this scope

So what is wrong? How can I solve it? Thank you very much!

Well, you can work around disabling LDAP in ROOT configuration, and then wait for the solution. See this post:
http://root.cern.ch/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3227

Those are the configuration options which work on my FC5.

I have the same exact problem, down to the error message numbers. I’m compiling now with the ldap disabled in the configuration. Hope it works. Thanks in advance.
Mischa.