Install root 6.06 after 5.34

Hi all,

I’m trying to install root 6.06 on Mint 17.1. I had root 5.34 already installed (system-wide installation from Mint repositories), which I deleted before installing root 6.06.

In principle the installation is successful and everything seems to work, except that there is the following message when I start root:

It seems that the system “remembers” somewhere that libCint.so.5.34 should be called, but I don’t know where. Any clues how to remove this error message?

Thanks,
Yuri.

[url=https://root-forum.cern.ch/t/missing-canvas/17664/17 you configure your new ROOT 6, are you sure that no another version of ROOT is “visible” (i.e. check your PATH and LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variables). Try, for example: locate libCore locate libCint locate root-config Can it be that you still have some “system-provided” ROOT version related packages installed? If yes, you will need to remove them (afterwards check that the “/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/root5.34” and the “/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/root5.34” subdirectories disappeared completely): sudo apt-get purge root-system* root-plugin* libroot*[/url]

Thanks a lot for this link. It’s very useful information that I didn’t know.

Actually, in my case the problem was that I had a pre-compiled macro (using old 5.34 root version), which was called from my .rootrc file. This was causing the problem.The problem is solved.
Cheers,
Yuri.