Install error on Mac 10.7

Hi,

I am trying to install ROOT on Mac 10.7 from source. I downloaded the source file and unzipped. I am trying to do Location independent installation. Before that, I installed clang from github.com/kennethreitz/osx-gcc-installer the GCC-10.7.pkg.

So once I got root source unpacked. I did

./configure macosx64
make

and then it gave me the following error:

include/FTGL.h:41:22: fatal error: 'OpenGL/gl.h' file not found #include <OpenGL/gl.h> ^ 1 error generated. make: *** [graf3d/ftgl/src/FTBitmapGlyph.o] Error 1

I don’t know what to do now. Is there a way to fix this error?

Mac info:
System - Mac OS X 10.7.2 (11C74)
Kernel - Darwin 11.2.0
64bit

Thank you.

is that the only thing the log gives you?
Did you look for gl.h on your system? mine came with root. try reinstalling by cheking out root here:
http://root.cern.ch/drupal/content/subversion-howto

I found GL.h in /root/cint/lib/gl/GL.h

I also found gl.h in /root/cint/include/GL/gl.h

I had a problem in accessing cint in my install, I fixed it by doing sudo make

I tried “sudo make” but it gave me the same error.

I got that error from the terminal output. This is a few lines before the error:

==> lib/libCore.so done bin/rmkdepend -R -fgraf3d/ftgl/src/FTBitmapGlyph.d -Y -w 1000 -- -m64 -pipe -Wshadow -W -Wall -Woverloaded-virtual -fsigned-char -fno-common -Iinclude -pthread -I/usr/X11/include/freetype2 -I/usr/X11/include -I/usr/X11/include -D__cplusplus -- /Users/bshuster/Desktop/Nastya/root/graf3d/ftgl/src/FTBitmapGlyph.cxx clang++ -O2 -m64 -pipe -Wshadow -W -Wall -Woverloaded-virtual -fsigned-char -fno-common -Iinclude -pthread -I/usr/X11/include/freetype2 -I/usr/X11/include -I/usr/X11/include -o graf3d/ftgl/src/FTBitmapGlyph.o -c /Users/bshuster/Desktop/Nastya/root/graf3d/ftgl/src/FTBitmapGlyph.cxx In file included from /Users/bshuster/Desktop/Nastya/root/graf3d/ftgl/src/FTBitmapGlyph.cxx:3: In file included from include/FTBitmapGlyph.h:9:

[quote]Did you look for gl.h on your system? mine came with root. try reinstalling by cheking out root here:
root.cern.ch/drupal/content/subversion-howto
[/quote]

I am trying to get the Subversion to see if that helps. I think it is in the process of loading it right now.
It just finished loading “root/cint/cling/demo/ExpressiveDiagnostics/Ambiguities.C” and is just sitting there not doing anything.

Ok. So I think I figured out what is causing the problem.

In the file FTGL.h there is the following code:

[code] #ifndef _gl_h
#ifdef APPLE_CC
#include <OpenGL/gl.h>
#include <OpenGL/glu.h>
#else
#include <GL/gl.h>
#include <GL/glu.h>
#endif

#endif[/code]

I think this means that APPLE_CC is true and it is trying to access <OpenGL/gl.h> … which i don’t think i have. I have <GL/gl.h> though. What is APPLE_CC?

So I worked around this problem by getting the binaries and typing in

and that seemed to make root work. When i type in “root” into terminal, Root opens. At least that is working now! yay. Thanks!