Install another version of ROOT in osx lead some bugs

Hi all,
When use ROOT 6 in os x 10.11, I can install ( configure and make ) it success at first time, when I change to another version, I always meet a error.
The error is that I can configure it good, but I can’t make, a part of error information is that:

include/Vc/sse/vector.tcc:1427:51: error: use of undeclared identifier '__builtin_ia32_pslldqi128' case -2: return M256::create(_mm_castsi128_ps(_mm_slli_si128(_mm_cas... ^ include/Vc/sse/../common/fix_clang_emmintrin.h:34:12: note: expanded from macro '_mm_slli_si128' (__m128i)__builtin_ia32_pslldqi128((__m128i)(a), (count)*8); }) ^ In file included from /Users/li/tools/root-6.04.16/math/vc/src/trigonometric.cpp:20: In file included from include/Vc/Vc:22: In file included from include/Vc/vector.h:33: In file included from include/Vc/sse/vector.h:548: include/Vc/sse/vector.tcc:1427:34: error: no matching function for call to '_mm_castsi128_ps' case -2: return M256::create(_mm_castsi128_ps(_mm_slli_si128(_mm_cas... ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/../lib/clang/7.3.0/include/emmintrin.h:1470:1: note: candidate function not viable: cannot convert argument of incomplete type 'void' to '__m128i' (vector of 2 'long long' values) _mm_castsi128_ps(__m128i __a) ^ fatal error: too many errors emitted, stopping now [-ferror-limit=] 20 errors generated.

You can see this error is related to X code . And I have search for this in google and some guys said I can clean the cache of X code, but it failed. The whole configure and make information is put as attachment.

Another problem is a little same, when I install PYTHIA 8205 , it’s okay, when I convert to install a PYTHIA 8219, there is always a error,

[code]lis-MacBook-Pro:pythia8219 li$ ./configure --prefix=/Users/li/tools/packages/pythia8

PYTHIA Configuration Summary

Configured for DARWIN with the following options:

The following optional external packages will be used:

lis-MacBook-Pro:pythia8219 li$ make -j4
g++ src/Pythia.cc -o tmp/Pythia.o -c -MD -Iinclude -O2 -ansi -pedantic -W -Wall -Wshadow -fPIC -DXMLDIR="/Users/li/tools/packages/pythia8/share/Pythia8/xmldoc"
cp Makefile.inc share/Pythia8/…/…/examples/Makefile.inc
ar cru lib/libpythia8.a tmp/Analysis.o tmp/Basics.o tmp/BeamParticle.o tmp/BeamRemnants.o tmp/BeamShape.o tmp/BoseEinstein.o tmp/ColourReconnection.o tmp/ColourTracing.o tmp/Event.o tmp/FJcore.o tmp/FragmentationFlavZpT.o tmp/FragmentationSystems.o tmp/HadronLevel.o tmp/HadronScatter.o tmp/HardDiffraction.o tmp/HelicityBasics.o tmp/HelicityMatrixElements.o tmp/HiddenValleyFragmentation.o tmp/History.o tmp/Info.o tmp/JunctionSplitting.o tmp/LHEF3.o tmp/LesHouches.o tmp/Merging.o tmp/MergingHooks.o tmp/MiniStringFragmentation.o tmp/MultipartonInteractions.o tmp/ParticleData.o tmp/ParticleDecays.o tmp/PartonDistributions.o tmp/PartonLevel.o tmp/PartonSystems.o tmp/PhaseSpace.o tmp/ProcessContainer.o tmp/ProcessLevel.o tmp/Pythia.o tmp/PythiaStdlib.o tmp/RHadrons.o tmp/ResonanceDecays.o tmp/ResonanceWidths.o tmp/SLHAinterface.o tmp/Settings.o tmp/SigmaCompositeness.o tmp/SigmaEW.o tmp/SigmaExtraDim.o tmp/SigmaGeneric.o tmp/SigmaHiggs.o tmp/SigmaLeftRightSym.o tmp/SigmaLeptoquark.o tmp/SigmaNewGaugeBosons.o tmp/SigmaOnia.o tmp/SigmaProcess.o tmp/SigmaQCD.o tmp/SigmaSUSY.o tmp/SigmaTotal.o tmp/SpaceShower.o tmp/StandardModel.o tmp/Streams.o tmp/StringFragmentation.o tmp/StringLength.o tmp/SusyCouplings.o tmp/SusyLesHouches.o tmp/SusyResonanceWidths.o tmp/SusyWidthFunctions.o tmp/TauDecays.o tmp/TimeShower.o tmp/UserHooks.o tmp/WeakShowerMEs.o
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/ranlib: file: lib/libpythia8.a(Streams.o) has no symbols
lis-MacBook-Pro:pythia8219 li$
[/code]

Also I searched it, it seems a warning, not a error, but it actually stop the make process.

I guess these bugs are all related to when I change a package version, the x code produce some errors. Does anyone knows how to solve these and help me? I have try to remove the installed package and clean the X code cache, but this doesn’t work.
bug.txt (712 KB)

Hi,

You need to configure with disabling vc. (configure --disable-vc or cmake -Dvc=Off). This has been repaired in the master.

We are not the Pythia people, but the build seems to be fine.

Cheers, Axel.

[quote=“Axel”]Hi,

You need to configure with disabling vc. (configure --disable-vc or cmake -Dvc=Off). This has been repaired in the master.

We are not the Pythia people, but the build seems to be fine.

Cheers, Axel.[/quote]

Hi,
It really works! Thanks a lot! It’s wired that when using git clone download version ROOT 6, I don’t need " --disable-vc " while for source version, adding this command is necessary.

Best,
Li

The reason is that in the HEAD in git’s v6-06-00-patches branch we already fixed it.

Cheers, Axel.

[quote=“Axel”]The reason is that in the HEAD in git’s v6-06-00-patches branch we already fixed it.

Cheers, Axel.[/quote]

Hi Axel,

Thanks a lot!

Best,
Li