Install 6.12/04 in mac 10.13.3

Hi,

I have problems with the installation of ROOT 6.12/04 in Mac 10.13.3, Xcode 9.2.
The error is as following:

[ 67%] Built target move_artifacts
Scanning dependencies of target PCRE
[ 67%] Creating directories for ‘PCRE’
[ 67%] Performing download step (verify and extract) for ‘PCRE’
– PCRE download command succeeded. See also /Users/dsgalabe/Software/ROOT_Softw/root-build/PCRE-prefix/src/PCRE-stamp/PCRE-download-*.log
[ 67%] No patch step for ‘PCRE’
[ 67%] No update step for ‘PCRE’
[ 67%] Performing configure step for 'PCRE’
CMake Error at /Users/dsgalabe/Software/ROOT_Softw/root-build/PCRE-prefix/src/PCRE-stamp/PCRE-configure-RelWithDebInfo.cmake:16 (message):
Command failed: 1

‘./configure’ ‘–prefix’ ‘/Users/dsgalabe/Software/ROOT_Softw/root-build’ ‘–with-pic’ ‘–disable-shared’ ‘CC=/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/cc’ ‘CFLAGS=-O’

See also

/Users/dsgalabe/Software/ROOT_Softw/root-build/PCRE-prefix/src/PCRE-stamp/PCRE-configure-*.log

make[2]: *** [PCRE-prefix/src/PCRE-stamp/PCRE-configure] Error 1
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/PCRE.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

Any idea about how to fix it?

Thanks.

Best regards,
Davide

This is not enough information, can you please paste the command line you passed to CMake, and the full output of the log file mentioned above? Thank you.

logfiles.zip (51.5 KB)

Attached you can find the logfiles. Thanks.

Could you please try again with the just released 6.12/06? I think that what you saw could be a problem with downloading PCRE and LZMA, due to downtime on the server from where the dependencies are downloaded. Let us know how it goes. Sorry for the late answer.

I tried with v6-12-06 but it doesn’t work.

logfile.zip (51.2 KB)

I use Mac OS 10.13 for testing, and never have the problem you are having. Do you have network access when building ROOT? If you need to download dependencies at build time (i.e. PCRE, LZMA, TBB, etc), you need it.

Do you have the latest XCode installed and ran xcode-select --install?

Xcode was properly installed but not for the terminal. I thought it was done by default…
Now I get the following error.

Install the project…
– Install configuration: “RelWithDebInfo”
– Installing: /usr/local/lib
CMake Error at cmake_install.cmake:36 (file):
file INSTALL cannot make directory “/usr/local/lib”: Permission denied
make: *** [install] Error 1

The directory /usr/local/lib doesn’t exist by default.
If I don’t go ahead I guess it’s equivalent to run the command with just cmake --build .
I don’t think I need actually to install it as far as I source thisroot.sh so I guess it’s fine anyway.

Did you set CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX to some directory where you have write permissions?

Actually after I ran also

cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/path/to/root-install -P cmake_install.cmake

where root-install is a directory created ad-hoc and filled it with the files, which I think was fine.
After that I also tried to run again cmake --build . --target install
to see whether it was seeing the install prefix variable, but it was giving the same error.
Actually I don’t really need to install it so I guess it’s fine what I have.

What you need is

$ cmake . -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/path/to/root-install
$ cmake --build .
$ cmake --build . --target install

Hope it works after that.

Thanks!

I also installed v5-34-34. It compiles but when I run a simple macro, that works in cluster and another laptop, I get the following error:

root [0]
Processing Reconstruction/DrawRecoEff.C…
dlopen error: dlopen(/Users/dsgalabe/Software/ROOT_Softw/root_5-build/lib/libRIO.so, 9): can’t resolve symbol __ZTVN10__cxxabiv117__class_type_infoE in /Users/dsgalabe/Software/ROOT_Softw/root_5-build/lib/libThread.so because dependent dylib #3 could not be loaded in /Users/dsgalabe/Software/ROOT_Softw/root_5-build/lib/libThread.so
Load Error: Failed to load Dynamic link library /Users/dsgalabe/Software/ROOT_Softw/root_5-build/lib/libRIO.so
Error in TCint::AutoLoadCallback: failure loading library libRIO.so for class TFile
Read file: SuperFGD-NuMu-UseXY-UseXZ-UseYZ-TruthFV-Separate10_All.root
Error: Can’t call TFile::TFile(infilename[ifile].c_str(),“READ”) in current scope Reconstruction/DrawRecoEff.C:165:
Possible candidates are…
(in TFile)
(const class TFile*)0x7fc13140f670
*** Interpreter error recovered ***

Should I open another ticket for this error?

That is a different error, likely because you don’t have $ROOSYS/lib in your $LD_LIBRARY_PATH. Could you please do cmake . -Drpath=ON, recompile, and then see if you still get that error? It should o away if this is the problem.

Yes it’s a different issue. I’ve tried the following:

cmake …/root_5
cmake . -Drpath=ON
cmake --build .
source bin/thisroot.sh

but I still get the same error:

root [0]
Processing Reconstruction/DrawRecoEff.C…
dlopen error: dlopen(/Users/dsgalabe/Software/ROOT_Softw/root_5-build/lib/libRIO.so, 9): can’t resolve symbol __ZTVN10__cxxabiv117__class_type_infoE in /Users/dsgalabe/Software/ROOT_Softw/root_5-build/lib/libThread.so because dependent dylib #3 could not be loaded in /Users/dsgalabe/Software/ROOT_Softw/root_5-build/lib/libThread.so
Load Error: Failed to load Dynamic link library /Users/dsgalabe/Software/ROOT_Softw/root_5-build/lib/libRIO.so
Error in TCint::AutoLoadCallback: failure loading library libRIO.so for class TFile
Read file: SuperFGD-NuMu-UseXY-UseXZ-UseYZ-TruthFV-Separate10_All.root
Error: Can’t call TFile::TFile(infilename[ifile].c_str(),“READ”) in current scope Reconstruction/DrawRecoEff.C:165:
Possible candidates are…
(in TFile)
(const class TFile*)0x7f9b04d18160
*** Interpreter error recovered ***

Are you sure there is no other thisroot.sh setup that is messing with your run environment? Also, what options did you use to compile ROOT 5? The error points to a problem in name mangling. Maybe your macro is using something that should only work with ROOT 6?

I think I’m sourcing only the thisroot.sh from the root5-build directory, so it should be fine.
I had the same problem when running with a different root5 version, for instance v5-34-36.
I will do more checks tomorrow, but I used to run this macro with ROOT5, though it works with ROOT6.
If I run it on cluster (same root version) or my old mac (34-09) it works.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.