Illegal Leaf Message When Reading From A Database to Skim

I’m using ROOT v 6.26/04 and this issue occurs when I’m trying to snapshot centrally produced NanoAODv9

I’m trying to read from a database to do a skim but everytime I do, I get this message:

Error in TBranch::TBranch: Illegal leaf: CorrT1METJet_area/CorrT1METJet_area[nCorrT1METJet]/F. If this is a variable size C array it’s possible that the branch holding the size is not available.
** Break ** segmentation violation
Error in TBranch::TBranch: Illegal leaf: CorrT1METJet_area/CorrT1METJet_area[nCorrT1METJet]/F. If this is a variable size C array it’s possible that the branch holding the size is not available.

I understand this is a recent RDataFrame issue. Is there a workaround for it?

Please read tips for efficient and successful posting and posting code

ROOT Version: Not Provided
Platform: Not Provided
Compiler: Not Provided

Hi @Diracula ,

sorry for the trouble! That issue ([DF] RDataFrame confused by array variables in 6.26/04 · Issue #10920 · root-project/root · GitHub) was fixed in v6.26.06 (and it’s not present in v6.24).

In v6.26.06 you can work around it by manually specifying the list of columns to snapshot and taking care that nCorrT1METJet is listed before the CorrT1METJet_* columns.

I hope this helps!
Enrico

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.