I can't use TLine and compile my code

Hi,
with the following lines I would like to draw some simple lines on a plot.

TCanvas *cTest = new TCanvas();
double t1, t2;
TLine *line = new TLine(0.3,t1,0.3,t2);
line->Draw();

when I try to compile my code, i get the following error (test is my script):

test_v2_1.C:937: error: expected constructor, destructor, or type conversion before ‘->’ token
make: *** [test_v2_1.o] Error 1

I’ve included the libary TLine.h ( #include “TLine.h”).
If I run a script with the above lines, everything is fine. Do you have any suggestions which may help me solve this issue?

Thank you in advance.
Loukas

P.S. I’m using root v.5.18/00d

Hi,

Which of the four lines you quote is line number 937?
Did you try to compile a script/function with just those lines (i.e. is something else interfering which the lines of code you quotes)?

Cheers,
Philippe.

Hi,

I solved the problem after using TLine *line … before the void function and the line->Draw(), inside the void. No errors, but I don’t see an effect on my canvas…

What I want to do is to fill a canvas with some data and draw some regions on the same canvas using TLine (or maybe graph??)

Thanks in advance,
Loukas

Post the shortest possible RUNNINg version of your script

Rene

I manage to see the drawings after creating my canvas inside the void func. What is strange to me is, why I cannot use TLine *line … inside the void func and compile (without errors :slight_smile: )…

Apart from this, I couldn’t manage to draw a graph and a histo in the same Canvas-but for now I can leave with this…

Thanks for your help,
Loukas

It is impossible to understand what you are talking about without having an example. Please see my previous mail.

Rene