HTML format for root user's guide

Wondered if it would be possible to put a html (or similar) version of the user’s guide on the documentation page, that way I can easily search through the guide without opening up a pdf reader. Surely there must be format conversion programs available for this purpose?

Hi,

The User’s Guide was created as a .doc file and it was useful to have each chapter in a separate .pdf file. The doc file has a complex structure with many internal links, tables and index entries, requested by ROOT users. Moving to HTML version is not out of our plans, but all these features should be available. Just saving the doc file in this format does not keep the internal structures and links.

The ROOT Reference Guide is in html format and contains also many examples and specific information.

Cheers, Ilka

I meant that the guide should be available as BOTH pdf and html. I haven’t tried this particular format conversion before, but here’s a website at adobe.com which purports to do such conversions: adobe 's converter.

Hi,

I tried in the past to convert the entire PDF file of the User’s Guide using this tool, but it failed at some point. I will try again. There are many improvements in the recent Adobe version and the conversion might be successful this time.

Cheers, Ilka