How to use the objects in the library that is loaded with gSystem with g++ compiler

Dear experts,

I am a CMS student. I have a question about how to use the objects/classes that are defined in a library “libCondFormatsJetMETObjects.so” if I want to compile the code into an executable using g++. So far the code cannot be compiled because the compiler has no idea about the classes that are defined in the library.

The class I would like to use is called “JetCorrectorParameters”. I have a very simple testing code:

#include "TROOT.h"
#include "TSystem.h"
#include <iostream>
int main() {
    std::cout << gSystem->Load("libCondFormatsJetMETObjects.so") << std::endl; // returns 1
    std::cout << gROOT->GetClass("JetCorrectorParameters") << std::endl; // returns 0x4de5b20
    JetCorrectorParameters par = JetCorrectorParameters("Summer19UL18_V5_MC_Uncertainty_AK4PFchs.txt","Total");
    par.printScreen();
    return 0;
}

And I compile the code with

g++ -Wall `root-config --cflags --libs` test.C /<PathToLib>/libCondFormatsJetMETObjects.so -o test

I can feel that it won’t work because the compiler cannot see where the classes are defined. And I would like to know how to make it work with a compiler.

Thank you,
Yao

Please read tips for efficient and successful posting and posting code

_ROOT Version:6.14/09
_Platform:bash shell
_Compiler:g++

I did some search and include the header file that defines the class. (Since it is a cmssw code, I add the corresponding package to local and use the cmssw compiler “scram” to compile the files under CondFormats/)

#include "/CondFormats/JetMETObjects/interface/JetCorrectorParameters.h"

This time, instead of not being able to find the JetCorrectorParameters class, the compiler throws an error that it cannot find the header file (“CondFormats/Serialization/interface/Serializable.h”) that is included in JetCorrectorParameters.h.

Please let me know if I am missing some steps in using the objects in the shared library.

Hi @Yao_Yao ! This probably is better dealt with on the CMS side: I’m sure that CMSSW has a “plan” for how to do this correctly, and there is nothing really specific about ROOT to this. Can you ask them?

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.