How to solve this error while installing?

~/Downloads/root$ make
bin/rmkdepend -R -fcint/cint/src/dict/libstrm.d -Y -w 1000 -- -pipe -m64 -Wall -W -Woverloaded-virtual -fPIC -Iinclude   -DG__REGEXP -DG__UNIX -DG__SHAREDLIB -DG__OSFDLL -DG__ROOT -DG__REDIRECTIO -DG__STD_EXCEPTION -DG__64BIT  -DG__HAVE_CONFIG -DG__NOMAKEINFO -DG__CINTBODY  -I/home/vashisht/Downloads/root/cint/cint/inc -I/home/vashisht/Downloads/root/cint/cint/src -I/home/vashisht/Downloads/root/cint/cint/src/dict -pthread -Icint/cint/lib/libstrm -Icint/cint/lib/stream -I. -D__cplusplus -- cint/cint/src/dict/libstrm.cxx
g++ -O2 -pipe -m64 -Wall -W -Woverloaded-virtual -fPIC -Iinclude   -DG__REGEXP -DG__UNIX -DG__SHAREDLIB -DG__OSFDLL -DG__ROOT -DG__REDIRECTIO -DG__STD_EXCEPTION -DG__64BIT  -DG__HAVE_CONFIG -DG__NOMAKEINFO -DG__CINTBODY  -I/home/vashisht/Downloads/root/cint/cint/inc -I/home/vashisht/Downloads/root/cint/cint/src -I/home/vashisht/Downloads/root/cint/cint/src/dict -pthread -Icint/cint/lib/libstrm -Icint/cint/lib/stream -I. -o cint/cint/src/dict/libstrm.o -c cint/cint/src/dict/libstrm.cxx
In file included from cint/cint/src/dict/libstrm.h:37:0,
                 from cint/cint/src/dict/libstrm.cxx:14:
cint/cint/lib/stream/iostrm.h:24:22: fatal error: iostream.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
Makefile:631: recipe for target 'cint/cint/src/dict/libstrm.o' failed
make: *** [cint/cint/src/dict/libstrm.o] Error 1

Hi,
have you followed the building instructions here?

The short story is

• download the source code (as directory root for example)
  • create a separate directory (e.g. cd ~; mkdir root_build)
  • change directory to root_build: (e.g. cd ~/root_build)
  • let cmake configure the build directory (cmake path/to/root/source)
  • build ROOT: (cmake --build . -j8)

Hope this helps,
Enrico

thanks, but did not understood how to do this part(cmake path/to/root/source).

path/to/source is the full path to the directory where root source code is located.

If you download the source code and cd into the source code directory, the pwd command prints that path.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.