How to run PROOF benchmark

Hello,
I would like to run the PROOF benchmark (as seen on root.cern.ch/drupal/content/proo … proofbench)
I installed root form source (v5.34/03) on SL 6.3 compiler gcc4.4.6.
stresshepix from test directory runs ok.

But the following steps to run Proofbench fail.
root [0] TProofBench pb("")
root [1] pb.MakeDataSet()

Any help?
Makis

root [0] TProofBench pb("") +++ Starting PROOF-Lite with 32 workers +++ Opening connections to workers: OK (32 workers) Setting up worker servers: OK (32 workers) PROOF set to parallel mode (32 workers) Run description: PROOF at , 32 workers Info in <TProofBench::SetOutFile>: using default output file: 'proofbench-login01.mogon-lite-32w-20130322-1448.root' root [1] pb.MakeDataSet() Info in <TProofBench::MakeDataSet>: uploading '$ROOTSYS/etc/proof/proofbench/ProofBenchDataSel.par' ... Info in <TProofBench::MakeDataSet>: enabling 'ProofBenchDataSel' ... Info in <TUnixSystem::ACLiC>: creating shared library /gpfs/fs1/home/valderan/.proof/packages/ProofBenchDataSel/./Event_cxx.so Info in <TUnixSystem::ACLiC>: creating shared library /gpfs/fs1/home/valderan/.proof/packages/ProofBenchDataSel/./TSelEvent_cxx.so Info in <TUnixSystem::ACLiC>: creating shared library /gpfs/fs1/home/valderan/.proof/packages/ProofBenchDataSel/./TSelEventGen_cxx.so In file included from /gpfs/fs1/home/valderan/.proof/packages/ProofBenchDataSel/TSelEventGen_cxx_ACLiC_dict.h:34, from /gpfs/fs1/home/valderan/.proof/packages/ProofBenchDataSel/TSelEventGen_cxx_ACLiC_dict.cxx:17: /gpfs/fs1/home/valderan/.proof/packages/ProofBenchDataSel/./TSelEventGen.cxx: In member function ‘virtual Bool_t TSelEventGen::Process(Long64_t)’: /gpfs/fs1/home/valderan/.proof/packages/ProofBenchDataSel/./TSelEventGen.cxx:443: error: ‘dsrv’ was not declared in this scope g++: /gpfs/fs1/home/valderan/.proof/packages/ProofBenchDataSel/TSelEventGen_cxx_ACLiC_dict.o: No such file or directory Error in <ACLiC>: Compilation failed!

Hi,

This is known problem
(root.cern.ch/viewvc?view=rev&revision=47664)
that slipped in by mistake just before the tag and was fixed in 5.34/04 .
Any chance to use the latest tag 5.34/05 ?

G. Ganis

Thank you!

I have moved to the latest root version and it works!

Makis