How to read a TLeaf that's an array of pointers?

I am writing compiled C++ code to read data from a particular TTree, which I will call myTree. Several TLeaves in this myTree are arrays of pointers. For example, myLeaf is an array of pointers to Int_ts; those Int_ts are, in turn, the the first elements of arrays. So, abstractly, myLeaf is a two-dimensional array of Int_ts.

The problem: I cannot figure out how to get the elements of that array. Here is what I am trying, based on how TTree::MakeClass attempted to read the elements:

const Int_t firstDim = 1;    // size of the first dimension of the array
Int_t* myArray[firstDim];
myArray[0] = 0;

TBranch* b_myLeaf;

myTree->SetBranchAddress("myLeaf", myArray, &b_myLeaf);

for(Int_t i=0; i<myTree->GetEntries(); ++i)
{
myTree->GetEntry(i);
cout << myArray[0][0] << endl;
}

I think this should output the zeroth element of the Int_t array which is pointed to by myLeaf[0], or, in other words, the (0,0) element of the two-dimensional array. Instead, I get a segmentation fault. If I try to output myArray[0] instead, I get all zeros, so that pointer is pointing nowhere.

Using TTree::Draw, I can see that myLeaf does point to meaningful, nonzero integers. For instance:

myTree->Draw("myLeaf[0]")

produces a histogram of the (0,x) elements of the myLeaf array for all events in myTree, where x ranges from 0 to secondDim = the size of the second array dimension. That is what I expect. However, curiously, doing:

myTree->Draw("myLeaf[0][2]")

does not produce a histogram of the (0,2) elements of the myLeaf array. It produces a histogram with the correct number of entries but the wrong values for those entries (the values shown correspond to the (0,0) elements).

Am I doing something wrong? What is the correct way to read TLeaves that are arrays of pointers?

Please, Root experts, if you have any thoughts on this problem, I’d be so grateful to hear them! This issue is really a roadblock for me.